No buying unnecessary toiletries in September

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all.

Have two uu today -

Champneys oriental body scrub, this was a 50ml mini pot and lasted for one use. WNBA as am hoping to not buy any body scrubs when I have used all the ones I have. It was very scrubby and moisturising (the oily salt type).

Garnier colour conditioner - the little bottle which comes with the nutrisse hair dye.

Have an in from yesterday - a bottle of Barry M magnetic nail polish in violet. I love the effect of these and they last really well, I have 5 different ones now and think that is probably enough.

Hope the sun is shining on you today. I am full of cold and have a day of dry stone walling in front of me which I could do without.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • scrappie wrote: »
    Evening Ladies!!!

I have not posted on here for what seems like ages - life just got in the way.

Well, mum had her surgery for breast cancer almost four weeks ago now - she is doing amazing. I truly can't believe just how well she is. She was at the gym last week - only did 15 mins on the bike, but crickey!!! I'm thinking that's positive thinking!

Also, she seems to have found a desire to show 'anyone' who asks her 'new boob'. Almost happend at the tills in Waitrose last week - it was one of her friends asking, not a total stranger. Before I knew it, those five little words were out 'do you want to see?' and she was ready to flash!!! It's just not the Waitrose way. TBH I'm sure she would of shown a total stranger, she's soooo proud.

I will try to do better to keep up with the thread next month. I'm off on my jollies next week - Vegas Baby!! Getting so excited about it now that I know mum is OK.

Just wanted to say thankyou to all you lovely people who sent me good wishes through a really tough time - you kept me going and I really can't thank you all enough :D

That is all such brilliant news for you and your Mum Scrappie - so glad to hear she's doing so fantastically, I'm sure you've been an amazing support to her. Enjoy your well earned holiday, what great timing! x
  • emsjune78 wrote: »
    That is all such brilliant news for you and your Mum Scrappie - so glad to hear she's doing so fantastically, I'm sure you've been an amazing support to her. Enjoy your well earned holiday, what great timing! x

hugs from me too:)

had a few ins today with lovely parcel from my elf:):) can't wait till Christmas ball to wear gold glitter in my hair:rotfl:
  • Skyllo
    Skyllo Posts: 269 Forumite
    Glad to hear your mum is recovering well scrappie. :) I've heard a few people say they prefer their post-surgery reconstructed boob to their original one!
  • scrappie wrote: »
    Well, mum had her surgery for breast cancer almost four weeks ago now - she is doing amazing. I truly can't believe just how well she is. She was at the gym last week - only did 15 mins on the bike, but crickey!!! I'm thinking that's positive thinking!

Scrappie - that is wonderful news - I thought about you the other day funnily enough and wondered how things were going as I have missed your posts due to the fact we seem to like similar things. Have a fab time in Viva Las Vegas!

Not a good month for me on the IN front as I have my Amarya box which is a lovely kit but lots of minis plus (hangs head in shame) I bought the LE offer of the month as I want to try the ltd ed c&p. I also added a foundation which looks like Vie OSFB as I can no longer get this. When I picked up my LE from the PO last night they had included a complimentary healthy beautiful skin kit so INS are :eek::eek::

Dr Hauschka Facial Toner, 10ml
    Dr Hauschka Cleansing Milk, 10ml
    Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, 10ml
    Dr Hauschka Moisturising Day Cream, 5g
    Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream, 5g
    Dr Hauschka Quince Day Cream, 5g
    Herbfarmacy lip conditioner with marshmallow and vanilla
    LE skin repair dry 50ml
    LE c&p ltd edition 150ml
    LE instant boost skin tonic 200ml
    LE perfect finish powder foundation
    LE IBST 50ml
    LE c&p 50ml
    LE skin repair normal 50ml

Do have some UUs to post but will come back later as DD is using pester power wanting help with maths homework
  • So glad to hear about your mum Scrappie!

Heading off into town soon to pick up a travel size of Mac's cleanse off oil and some more Avene Hydrance Legere cream. That will be it. If I come home with anything else you have permission to tell me off!

Have realised it's been almost a year since I bought any makeup (other than replacing things that I've used up!)
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    That's great news about your mum Scrappie :j
    Just in from a busy day out in garden, going for a shower and to try and get all the soil out from my hands and under my nails. Hopefully I'll have the OS shower gel as an out as it's almost finished :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Scrappie. Great news about your mum. Have a fab time in Vegas.

I went into Boots today with the intention of just buying Cutex Nail Lacquer remover but as we wandered past the No7 counter I noticed they are selling the lip stain and gloss double ended wands again. Don't know their proper name but they sold these years ago and then stopped. In the meantime Avon had done a copy of them but then they stopped producing them as well. MrM needed some razor blades and this then qualified me for the voucher so I treated myself to the Chilli coloured one. Problem is that that purchase also qualified me for another voucher ......

Have repainted my nails and am wearing OPI Unforgretably Blue.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have 3 more UU

Ren Photoactive Sun Veil SPF15 3ml WBA seems to work better than my No.7 factor 50 and sits better on the skin.
    Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Gel 25ml WBA scent isn't great but is lovely to use and my skin seems to love it.
    philosophy peppermint bark shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath 60ml WBA loved it smells like after eight mints, thank you to my sunshine swap buddy for sending me this.

Scrappie. Great news about your mum. Hope you have a lovely time in Vegas.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Scrappie - great news. My friend had a breast reconstruction but waited 3 years for hers (her choice). She had an uplift on the other side too and she is very happy. I think it is great that you can have this done on the NHS.

What a bloomin day we've had, supposed to be going out this evening but we are all shattered and I just can't be bothered now.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family