Ryanair - Comments & Feedback Thread

Comments

• fifeken wrote: »
    And every airline puts different things in the "fees" bit so it's not valid to compare the breakdown of prices -only look at the overall total.

well I would, but ryanair charge more in their fees than Easyjet for the full fare (including all)

I wish I could find a breakdown of all ryanair's fees somewhere.. they're not listed in the t&c's.

(incidently, I'm one of these people that fly frequently on Ryanair for business, usually last minute and pay through the nose for the 'pleasure'. - typically £300+ return) - so I hope you can appreciate my annoyance of continuously feeling ripped off for such an experience) - to now be charged £28.50 for a bag really does tak the p***
  • gozomark
    gozomark Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    are they cheaper than the rest - if so, how are they ripping you off ?

if they are more expensive, why do you fly with them ?
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I agree about the cost of a bag. I often do without but circumstances sometimes dictate otherwise.
    It's not only the LCCs who differ on what goes into taxes and charges. I've seen the major airlines differ by well over a hundred pounds on long haul flights.
  • gozomark wrote: »
    are they cheaper than the rest - if so, how are they ripping you off ?

They are the only carrier that serve the route I'm interested in, so I have to use them. I just feel like I'm being shafted everytime for the pleasure. of course I know I could travel to Heathrow, or fidn another way. I just don't like the expoitative manner of ryanair's pricing, whilst at the same time going on about being the cheapest, when blatently they're not (on many many routes, and now even when compared to some legacy carriers). It also takes the biscuit when I read their magazine and keep being told they're the 'world's favourite airline'. Maybe more people fly on them due to the high frequency of their flights. but favourite? - god I'd rather ride a donkey. (if only it was as fast)

I know this has been debated to death on here, but after many years of being more and more ripped off, whilst at the same time how I should be so pleased, no make that privileged to be riding on the world's favourite airline, on the cheapest flights, I've finally had enough and just wanted to vent my spleen a little with people who I know will understand.

The fees just exploit you when you have no other option (take the £100+ fee to change name, the £30 fee to take duty free on the plane.. the.. oh it goes on and on.. pay more and travel further to fly on a respectable airline? - you betcha.

Mr O'leary, You just pushed a well paying business traveller that little bit too far this time. Ryanair no more.
  • gozomark
    where are you flying to on Ryanair for duty free ?
  • gozomark wrote: »

sorry, getting a bit frustrated - I mean carry on stuff bought in the rip-off shops in the airport

although, saying that you could get duty free flying to Morrocco?? (or tenerife south for that matter)
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    gozomark wrote: »

I think Norway, Sweden and Morocco are the ones - it's been mentioned here before.

But I think Beaker99's post could be aimed at anybody buying anything after security. If it doesn't fit in your single carry on bag you'll be paying for it.

Edit - cross posted with Beaker99
  • gozomark
    Beaker99 wrote: »
    It also takes the biscuit when I read their magazine and keep being told they're the 'world's favourite airline'.

this is no different to Heineken saying they are the world's fav beer - no they are not, they are the most consumed - its merely spin
  • Just want to add my 2 cents.

Personally I have found Ryanair to be a fantastic airline.

I have travelled with them to Italy Belgium and Spain.

And on all occasions they were on time. And they were very cost effective.

I look forward to flying with them again soon within Europe on time and for a very cost effective price. Ryanair rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure