P.I.P. timescales...

1248249250251252254»

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 July 2018 at 6:26AM
    Poppet61 wrote: »
    Anyone else suicidal because life has become so unbearable while waiting tribunal date? My go,mental health worker and baptist minister have expressed their concerns in writing with my appeal.over 9 months.if offerd me lethal injection ? Yes I would love 1,
    Yes Tribunal backlogs are huge across most of the country and some people are waiting up to 1 year for their hearing.

Are you planning on appearing in person because this will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Good luck.
    Have you rang the Tribunal to ask approx how much longer the wait will be? You'll need your reference number for this.
  • It's taken 14 months from my first PIP assessment to the mandatory decision which they failed me. I finally got the first tier appeal court hearing yesterday the 17/10/2018. I didn't win the daily living component but was awarded the mobility component at the standard rate. So the appeal was yesterday and I got the letter from them this morning. If anyone knows what happens next I'd be more than grateful for any advice. I also wanted to say that I have read some of the posts and I don't know if the process is any quicker in other parts of the country but I've found it very long and extremely mentally exhausting if it hadn't been for the encouragement from my kids I would have gave up a long time ago. It's a matter of sticking to your guns and patience I'm sure that the PIP try to make the process as long as possible deliberately. Which with me they did. I had had a tribunal date ages ago but the judge wasn't happy and adjourned it on the fact the DWP tried handing in evidence from only my PIP assessment and the mandatory reassessment. The court was not happy as they didn't produce any evidence to why I was allowed dla for the last fifteen years. PIP tried to pull a fast one and thank god the judge saw right through what they were trying to do. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure