PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/D Daily Tuesday 27th February 2018

Options

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    An update from Paradise!! The snow has eased but is due to return. Bah! Both schools are shut which is happen as well as we couldn't have got them there anyway! DD had to walk all the way to work. It's a LONG way, it took her over an hour and she got there at 7.00 dead on time. She was cross as other staff just rang in and said they were snowed in, which doubles the workload of those making an effort to get there. Someone has to look after the poor old dears.

We are currently watching Paw Patrol but I had better tear myself away and make the requested bacon sandwiches for breakfast!

The snow has started thickening up again, double Bah!! x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning all,

I received news yesterday that I didn't get the job in Manchester. The email read;
    SPEKY was capable and very likeable, very confident and clearly a personable character. We all got on really with him and he interviewed very well.

We won!!!8217;t progress him however, as we have two other candidates that are stronger for what we need.

However, my advice to SPEKY is that...[he has an excellent opportunity at his current employer]..and If he can prove he can do it then we absolutely wouldn!!!8217;t rule him out in the future.

Please thank him for his time. I appreciate it was a long way for him to travel.

So not the news I was hoping for but the upside is I stay in Glasgow with my family and friends a bit longer. I phoned my Gran last night to tell her and she admitted to feeling glad I didn't get it. Onwards and forwards as our own Judi would say.

Nothing planned for this evening, which seems peculiar. I'll remedy that somehow.

HH - Great to see you back, although the circumstances aren't ideal. I wise choice in going to a friends house it seems. I hope you keep your spirits up and you know we're here to help if we can.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Hello Holly, good to ‘see’ you my friend, am sorry that you are having to go through such tough times, echo the suggestion for a docs appointment asap but please take care x

There is a bit of snow lying around and we are due more today, watching the forecast our part of East Anglia might miss the worst, let’s hope that’s the case.

TRU little dog is just going out as much as she needs to do her business, she does have a fleeced lined waterproof coat for her walks but it’s her little paws that end up so cold with ice lumps between the toes :( I keep a towel on the radiator in the porch to wrap her in.

Not loads of plans today, am supposed to be doing some schooling on Lulu but am waiting to hear from yard owner as to the state of the outdoor arena.
    Tea is a tuna, broccoli and butter bean bake from my Mum’s old dairy cookbook.

Hope you are ok after yesterday Judi have you heard anything from Prodigal?

Hugs to all poorlies or those with worries, take care folks x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, sorry to hear about your appalling treatment, I have to say I'm not, surprised, my DD2 and a friend's sister have had similar appalling treatment in my area.

My WM is chugging away, CHS has been dropped at work, I'm eating a bowl of porridge, I'll prep the evening meal once I've finished breakfast.

My childcare duties have been swapped to tomorrow, DD1 is taking dgd to gym club with her twins as they are a similar age.

It's cold here, the marina is iced over but it's warm on the boat as long as I keep topping the stove up with coal and logs.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning chums and I am pleased that you are back at home H/harvey , you poor lass you must feel so isolated, and no one seems to be helping you at all. I wonder at times if the so-called professionals know what they are actually doing.They certainly don't seem to be helping you at all.Keep us all posted as we seem to be doing more just by listening to you than they do.

Well the Beast from the East has arrived with avengence in Kent. I am actually sitting up in bed with my laptop watching the cars going far too fast down the road opposite my house and sliding around at the bottom.Looks like a scene from the Keystone Cops.
    The road opposite ends as my road crosses it at a T junction and is fairly steep. Last time we had snow here in any quantity even the snow gritter got stuck and slid into a parked car. Luckily my car is off road on my drive and that's where it is staying until I can see the road again without snow on it . I hate the white stuff as it curtails my gllivanting around.This mornings coffee morning at Dobbies is out of the window and I can't see me getting to quiz night tonight either as its in a country pub out by the river.
    No point in going out and getting cold or stuck, and as I use a stick to walk with I am certainly not going out to fall over in the stuff either so walking is out as well.So today looks like a day indoors with a jigsaw and my trusty wireless. I have more than enough food indoors so I won't go hungry.

The boys school is closed but their Dad is stuck at home as well so they are OK. DD will struggle in to work but she only works locally so her boss may decide to close the shop as not many folk will be looking to buy a house today, he won't be able to get in from Dartford anyway.

I shall be sad if DGS Danny can't fly back from NYC today though, as we were all hoping to see him tomorrow night for dinner, but it will just be postponed as he will have to get back to the UK at some point for meetings.

Hope you are all wrapped up warm and dry and if you canasta indoors and just watch the snow out of the window ,far safer than risking life and limb, it never lasts very long anyway so just keep in the warm,but look out for neighbours who are maybe not so mobile.Lots of hot drinks and HM soups for me today

Take care chums, we are all important to someone

JackieO xxx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Holly, I'm glad you're ok - many of us were checking the thread regularly for news. I can't believe the MH services though, acting like petulant children whose ball has been taken away. I hope you get things settled soon.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

We have a bit of snow,probably a couple of inches,still lightly falling.DH is very pleased they have finished the extension they were working on yesterday.Few days rest for them till the next job starts next week.The couple are meant to be moving into rented today,as part of the roof is coming off etc,not good timing for them.

HH I am so pleased to hear from you,what a difficult time youve had.I hope something can be sorted for you that you feel is suitable.Lots of hugs xx

LW sorry you are struggling at the moment too.Its a shame you dont have any doggie visitors just yet.Have a very large slobbery kiss fom Ly1a x

I'm going to cook a gammon joint in the slow cooker today.I could do with some more veg really with DS & I eating lots.I'll see how the buses are later,or I could walk up to the new green grocers but its quite a way in this snow.

Everyone take care in the snow xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Holly I am so pleased that you are safe, I cannot get my head around the way that you have been treated, even worse to learn from HuH that this seems to be the norm in some areas. I will continue thinking of you and sending supportive vibes.

No snow here, but may get some later this afternoon, keep safe and warm everyone.

LW - sorry that you too are having a bad time, I hope that the next meet and greet goes well, I love hearing about your canine guests, in the meantime the hairy one aka Miss Border Collie virtually rests her chin on your lap and tolerates a gentle stroking (the most fuss she is prepared to give to anyone except her beloved Master).
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 February 2018 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

Holly glad to see you posting, not surprised that they MHT have discharged you, that is how they react if you do not do as you are told. I really hope that your GP is supporting.

We had snow flurries yesterday, I lit the sitting room fire and checked that I can boil a kettle on it ok, so if the power does go out at least we can get a hot drink if nothing else.

WE have not had any snow overnight, but a very hard frost, the road are white. Just had a call from the settee people, delivery between 2 and 4 this afternoon, whew......I did wonder if they would make it at all today, news about roads etc is not good.

I have turned the central heating up, the house is cold, the bathroom is always very cold for some reason, I have the trickle vets open because of the steam from the shower, might close them and see if that makes a difference.

Last of the soup for lunch, I have fish out for tonight, will do it with the breadcrumbs again, OH likes it that way, mash and mixed veg, mat be some parsley sauce as well. I have some dried parsley which I soak in the milk before I make the sauce.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Speky Im sorry you didnt get the job but i am a great believer in things happening at the right time so I'm sure another even better opportunity will be along soon and of course you will have more time with your family

Jackie Think you are wise to stay put particularly with the forecast for your area.

Holly Hope you did the right thing by running away I guess they feel they can no longer help you now. Its awful you have had to go through this and hopefully your brother will be there to help you now

Dont particularly want to drive out in the snow today but as my mother insists on keeping the bare minimum of food in stock then Im afraid needs must. I will be speaking to her about this though as its going to be an issue when I have my op and wont be there for a few weeks.

Right best get the car dug out :D
    Take care all and keep warm :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family