IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Nasty tricks

Comments

• Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They are not going to risk doing that though are they realistically? Does the company have any link with Aldi they seem to be on a lot of their car parks?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2010 at 8:33AM
    Hey taffy

Who appointed you the moral guardian of all that is good??

My suggestion [B&Q to inform customers to ignore the PPC tickets] is exactly what a compnay did recently. The PPC actually took the company to court to try to stop them telling people, and lost.

B&Q are not necessarily getting a cut of the 'fines'; the big boys such as Asda and Sains say they give their cut to charity [for the very reason to stop muppets posting that they are doing it for the profit]. Most of the big boys are using PPCs to try to sort out a parking problem, not to make a profit.

Remember never, ever, ever buy a ticket to park in the first place.
    Never, ever, ever respond to anything from a PPC.
    Never, ever, ever pay a fine/invoice/ticket.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 July 2010 at 5:48PM
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »

My suggestion [B&Q to inform customers to ignore the PPC tickets] is exactly what a compnay did recently. The PPC actually took the company to court to try to stop them telling people, and lost.

Those are not the facts. What actually happened was that an Indian take-away warned its customers not to park on an adjacent piece of land (which had nothing to do with the take-away) otherwise they will get clamped.

So it wasn't the case of a company which had a PPC operating on its land putting up warning signs about that PPC. It was a shop telling people not to park on a piece of land which had no connection to that shop.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Sorry T, you're correct....... B&Q are scum after all. The sooner the employees get made redundant the better.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Reiki_Sue
    Reiki_Sue Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2010 at 1:08AM
    I got a PArkingeye parking charge notice yesterday for parking in a shopping centre carpark at 5pm and getting sidetracked by late night shopping which i hadn't realised was on and left the car park around 9pm. So i was one hour over the free three hour facility - which i really do appreciate.

So having read the previous posts on here i am probably now going to ignore the charge notice. Please pray with me for my survival and i hope that the indelible ink wears off my forehead where i wrote the word 'criminal' before self-flagelating myself for this heinous antisocial and uncommunity spirited crime! The slashes on my wrists should heal overtime!

But my concern is what if i park in that car park again - will it trigger off that my car is parked there and will i get clamped/towed away in my absence in the fullness of time? Or doesn't the entering/exiting camera system alert anyone till after the car has exited the car park?

Has anyone had anymore than letters -1-3 i.e. have Bailiffs actually been to anyone's home and clamped a car?

I wouldn't object to paying a reasonable excess fee of say £10 but £50 within 14 days going to £80 +£30 admin charge after that, is extortionate and excessive for leaving my car an extra hour in an empty carpark whilst supporting local businesses!

Thanks for listening - Any advice?

Sue x
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2014 at 1:47PM
    This is an old thread, with old advice

NO REPLIES HERE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Unless they are operating as Private Bailiffs such as they do with council recovery.
    But this only affect the 'Officer of the Court' aspect.
    They have been known to claim to be 'from the Court' when operating privately, such a claim is enough for a strong complaint and punitive remedy.
  • how long between receiving the first letter until receiving the CCS debt collector letters?
  • Debt collectors mean the situation has become serious. You really ought to pay now.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Debt collectors mean the situation has not changed one iota.
    He must have rushed to get back from his paper round so early. :rotfl:
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure