Cheaper Gas & Electricty

Options
I am a member of MSE`s cheap energy club and in the last few days did a comparison to check possible savings.The the headline claim was savings of £150 per year. When i went to the companies web-site and entered my suppliers details and my annual usage the saving was quoted as £64.00 per year. I then went to Which consumer associations web site and did the same comparison the saving was £120.00 per year.I then emailed MSE`s cheap energy club to ask why provider Utility Point was not on the list of potential suppliers. I received a reply saying MSE`s cheap Energy club had been unable to get tariff details from Utility Point.As with all claims of savings you have to shop around and draw your own conclusions.

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You were given the answer, OP. MSE's CEC is far from the only comparison site around. You are free to try as many or as few as you like but, if you want a meaningful result from any of them, you always need to do your own calculations based on your actual usage and the unit rates/standing charges quoted. If you choose to take what they say at face value, that is your choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure