what can lenders see on your credit file?

Can anyone clarify exactly what lenders can see on your credit file - totally confused. For example can they see who your creditors are? Can they see if you have withdrawn cash on a credit card? etc. etc. How far back can they see - looking for a solid answer as everything I'm reading says different things.

thanks

Comments

• Google is your friend here......

Credit utilisation, hard searches, financial links, address history, defaults and CCJ!!!8217;S.....
  • !!! wrote: »
    Google is your friend here......

Credit utilisation, hard searches, financial links, address history, defaults and CCJ!!!8217;S.....

No Google isnt your friend...the OP has asked a quality question and telling them to Google is hardly helpful.

Lets hope someone with some knowledge can answer the question as i for one would like to know.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pepperpop wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify exactly what lenders can see on your credit file - totally confused. For example can they see who your creditors are? Can they see if you have withdrawn cash on a credit card? etc. etc. How far back can they see - looking for a solid answer as everything I'm reading says different things.

thanks

-They can't see the names of your creditors they only see the type of credit such as Credit Card, Loan etc

-They can see if you withdraw cash on a credit card. But if you have an other wise good history it won't affect it much if you want to use cards like the Halifax Clarity abroad for example.

-Your credit report has 6 years of history they can't see any further back than you can when you request the report (unless they have internal records from you previously being a customer)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure