2017 Frugal Living Challenge

1262728293032»

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 December 2017 at 9:39PM
    Frugaldom Thank you. Can you pm the facebook group page please.

My Mum did have a good send off. Brother and sister helped out.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have done the end of year accounts. I was doing a No Spend Year, which by my definition meant I wasn't allowed to buy 'things' that were unessential, so books, DVDs, magazines, work canteen lunches or food on the go. takeaway coffees and clothing.

If I was supposed to have a complete no spend year then I failed, but if the goal was to live as frugally as possible then I did very well as my total unessential spending this year came to £416.92 which included a lot of essential clothing (I was being very strict and said all clothing purchases, even essential ones, were contraband).

In 2016 my spending on the same items, that were allowed during that year, was £2124.63!!!!

(That is the first time I have compared the difference so I am very, very pleased)

Still working on my next budgets, so will see you next year most likely on the 2018 thread.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 January 2018 at 10:40AM
    That's it, the 2017 challenge has been completed and we're now on our 2018 journey of frugal adventures.

Owing to spotting a seed sale yesterday (link on the FB page) and taking advantage of the free postage and seeds at 25p per pack, I spent £6, which pushed me into a 40p overspend in my £4,000 challenge budget. Still - debt freedom allows even this frugal living Scot such extravagances now and again. :D

Happy new year to all and very best wishes for the coming 12 months. See you in the new thread, which is now linked from post 1

WELL DONE TO ALL WHO STUCK WITH THE CHALLENGE - HAVE A GREAT 2018! :T
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • I just Went to have an eye test yesterday. Found online a voucher for cheap eyeglasses. Had to get 2 glasses from specsfair.com distance and reading ones. Managed to get free lens included. Cost of lens were $45 for each glasses. Only had to pay for the frames. So saved $111 altogether yesterday. Both frames total cost $138. Really happy about that.
  • evuka
    evuka Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Zoeyliam, there is a new thread started for 2018 on the below link if you want to join?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5759616&utm_source=MSE_FS&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=06-Feb-18
    6mo EF: £ /£
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 £
    NSD: Jan /
    Sell 100 items /100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business