PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

There is a Better Cleaner Than Stardrops

Comments

• jordylass
    jordylass Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Was sure I'd seen this in Tesco, but just scoured the shop and others locally with no success.
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have added this to my list, I hope my local Asda stocks it.
  • Can't wait ti try this out on my shower screen, Stardrops was a dissaster as i have very soft water and got smears from the suds , so now use it to clean my trailer as it's parked under a tree and gets filthy. Could also use Barkeepers friend for my stirrups and the metal bits of harness {metal polish always makes a mess on the leather and so it's tricky to get things sparkly }....... oooh i am soooo excited to find out what else i can use it for..
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Haven't been able to get Stardrops so can't offer an opinion....convinced that the head if definitely going as I was reading Barkeeper's Friend as Fisherman's Friend and wondered how anyone could clean with them!!

Breadsoda ( bicarbonate of soda) is my favourite stainless steel sink cleaner and vinegar with squirt of washing up liquid is great for windows and paintwork, toothpaste is good for grout cleaning.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • maypole
    maypole Posts: 1,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just bought some Bar keepers friend today at ASDA £1.98. I thought it was liquid for some reason but it is powder:o. It was not with the washing up liquids and things, it was with the polish.
  • jordylass wrote: »
    I've wondered if this would move the metal marks off my porcelain sink. Is it suitable for porcelain?

Yes it does! Had some in the cupboard for ages and not used it in a while but had a couple of marks on the outside of the handbasin and they are gone.

Thanks for the reminder!
  • Leonie
    Leonie Posts: 101 Forumite
    Has anyone tried White Wizard? It's a spot remover and all purpose cleaner - like gloopy white syrup. It brought my very grubby old pale yellow leather sofa up a treat, with so little effort - I was amazed. I went on to try it on grubby fingerprints on doors too, and anything else I could find, and it was pretty effective all round.

Trouble is, it's been in my cupboard for years, unused - and I can't remember where or why I bought it! It's nearly all gone now after my mammoth cleaning burst - does anyone know where it comes from?
    "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato

"After all is said and done, more is said than done." Aesop
  • Hi Leonie: just found White Wizard by doing a search. It's available at www.buyapot.co.uk. Is that the stuff you were looking for?
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    A friend of mine gave me the Ethical Shopper Guide for Christmas and I was horrified to see that Stardrops rates really badly for a lot of ethical issues (human rights, animal research, investments etc). I don't know if other people care but I feel I need to go for something more ethically sound!

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Sorry this is off topic but I just saw someone posting under Leonie and nearly fell through the floor. That was my user name but my daughter Leonie passed away and it was too hard to keep writing that so I changed my name. How is it possible for someone else to have that username?

Sorry about that, I just got a bit of a shock

Update: it seems my user name was leonie... I never knew that. Its such an unusual name that I didnt expect to see it again. Anyway just ignore me I'm rambling on. I just panicked when I saw the name...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure