PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• Swampmonster
    Swampmonster Posts: 585 Forumite
    sheilavw wrote: »
    poundland usually have cushion pads in

Thanks. We haven't got one. Nearest one is about 30 miles away unfortunately.:(
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ludlow today (take note Frith) :D
    I liked the look of the East cardigan I spotted in Oxfam. Checked the price: £19.00 :eek:
    I know 'East' is a good label but this is ridiculous! I went right off charity shopping in Ludlow after that.
    Normal people worry me.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Lots of finds in Worcester today!

001-5.jpg

M and S new white school shirt £1.50

Ted Baker boy's green t shirt £1.50

Burberry boy's green t shirt, brand new £1.50

Next top with flowers couple of £

Red M and S T shirt couple of £

Indoor ping pong game £3.00

Golden Compass DVD 99p
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Mir! wrote: »
    All packed and ready for my holibobs but with a little time to kill I decided on a last minute trip to my local hospice shop. Wot should I find but a suitcase weighing thingymajig....brand new in the box for 75p. Got home and weighed my case with the new gadget....3 kilos over the allowance :mad: Aaaaaarrgghh!

So that 75p saved you......??? :)

Your post is like one of those "what happened next?" sports quiz show questions! Presumably you had to unpack and re-pack everything, and make some difficult decisions! :rotfl:
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• madelaine
    madelaine Posts: 268 Forumite
    This week i got a Disney cars large floor Puzzle for my Grandson for £1 and a La Senza Bikini from the 50p bin.
  • funnyfreckle
    funnyfreckle Posts: 543 Forumite
    Oh you've all done so well over the last few weeks. I've loved reading about all your finds but I must confess to the odd twinge of 'it's not fair'! I've popped in to lots of charity shops over the last few weeks and not found a thing.

However, the charity shop fairies were very kind to me yesterday. In a local hospice shop I bought two lovely summer Boden skirts (£4 each), a pretty White Stuff summer blouse (£3) and a White Stuff velvet coat (only £4!!). They were all in great condition and are a perfect fit. Some lovely lady my size had obviously donated some real goodies and I was very happy to give them a good home :j.

I think the thing I love about charity shopping is that when I do find treasures, I feel that they are there just waiting for me. I think it must be because they are either in your size or they're not! Am I a little mad?!
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Hi all :)

Popped into Worcester today. I was only parked up for 30 mins to go to the bank but managed to have a quick look in a few charity shops on route. Picked up a brand new edge guard from BHF for £1.49 (its basically just foam that sticks around the corners of tables to stop DS hitting his head as he's currently perfect height).
    Also picked up 3 pairs of Gymboree pjs for DS. A few sizes too big, but they'll go in his 'to grow into' drawer. Gymboree is so hard to find and at 50p each they were a steal.

Suze :)
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    a lovely blue top £3
    a summer dress £3.99
    :A :j
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Our local Barnardos 99p shop had some brand new (but very creased) Lands End t-shirts. I bought two.

I also found some Linea off-white jeans that looked unworn. Same ones on-line are £69.

Summer camping wardrobe partially sorted :j
  • dogcat_2
    dogcat_2 Posts: 21,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Got a gorgeous (new) carpet bag rucksack for £2.....well pleased!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure