Sainsburys money off vouchers

Comments

• I spent £20 in tesco on xmas eve and the very nice gorl took the lot in vouchers! Hee hee
  • I did a shop through a Tesco self scan, used as many vouchers out of two Sainsburys £6.85 sheets. Grand total came too £0.75 (started at £12.15), the woman monitoring the checkouts noticed me putting a load of vouchers through and commented that it would only take so many, but i was having problems with the till anyway. It briefy came up saying assitance required, which the woman over rode from her stand point. I then promptly stuck my 75p in and made a quick escape!

Did a big shop using the Sainsburys vouchers and some mum plus one vouchers, managed to get a 1/3 off of bill as that was all the checkout operator was allowing.
  • They will sometimes overide it by cancelling vouchers and taking your bill to another till and only letting you have 6 all different vouchers. Mainly you get away with it though.
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is a strange ball game!
    Today I took my Sainsbury mag: coupons to Tesco. As the girl started to scan them through, at the end of my shop, she leant over to me and whispered "These are all for Sainsburys". "Yes, I know" says I. "But you are in Tesco".........................bless her ::)
    She refused them. So I asked for a supervisor. When she came over, she all but laughed in my face. "It says clearly here (pointing) SAINSBURYS".
    I said Tesco had a policy on taking Sainsbury coupons, maybe she'd like to check it.
    "Don't be absurd, if that were the case Everyone would be using them"........................Now there's a point ;)
    So I asked for the manager, who was to busy to come. I told the supervisor to tell him that I was emailing head office as soon as I got home to complain. She went and told him, came back and said to the girl "Oh just take them!".
    It took over half an hour, 7 assistants crowding me in disbelief and being treated with less dignity than I've seen them use on shoplifter's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All to get £2.90p off my £15 bill. Was it worth it?
    YES ;D
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• Good for you Lilac!
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Well done Lilac, you have to educate these people and tell them what their own policy is - as we see it! lol

Well done to you too Monkey.

My Mum tried it in Asda last week and was told they dont take Sainsburys vouchers but I was able to use mine in the same Asda before Christmas. Its so hit and miss.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    when my asda says they take vouchers for other stores what they mean is they'll take a 'total spend' voucher, e.g. save £5 when spending £50 etc. but they won't take product vouchers for other stores.
    52% tight
  • tiff
    Yes, I think the policy has changed recently. Until Christmas both Tesco and Asda would take any coupons I had but I went to Asda yesterday and they would only take the manufacturers coupons, but they did give me a £2 customer service discount. Went to Tesco today and the same lad that served me before Christmas said they only take Sainsburys total spend coupons plus manufacturers ones.

Got away with my £8.99 one though ;D
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • tiff
    I had the free Sainsburys calendar that came with the mag in Nov I think. It has the date each month that the new mag is out. This month its on sale from the 12th Jan.
  • Quiet_One
    Quiet_One Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    New Sainsbury mag is already out. Does not contain as many discount vouchers nor as much money off. Does have a nice BOGOF £8.99 advert voucher for wine which so far Tesco has honoured.
    I'd be wary about buying too many as I've heard from Tesco insiders that a policy change is on the way not to accept other supermarket vouchers as well as no internet ones. Best value by far at the moment are Sainsbury petrol station free leaflets with discount vouchers valid till 15 Jan 05.
    if i had known then what i know now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport