Santander sending me text messages that I cannot identify as Genuine

Options

Comments

• 2e0arr
    2e0arr Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Apparently your woodland character has now been thrown out of a window! This is a most fantastical story: please do tell me more.
    as requested before ..
    Please stop responding to or about my posts.

please cease and desist you are causing me alarm.

i have communicated this to the moderators
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    2e0arr wrote: »
    Yesterday i communicated with Santander Executive complaints team who are investigating my concerns. I have to say the person restored my faith in Santander

Please let us know what happens.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Please let us know what happens.

Please don't encourage them
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,623 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    as requested before ..

That should give them a good laugh :rotfl:
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    as requested before ..

If my very gentle humour has caused you alarm then I apologise. I had not realised that you were of a fragile disposition. No offence was intended.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have not asked for compensation

The Santander Operator took on board the direct debit glitch on a family members account. Excellent

I thought your issue was because you received one text message, nothing to do with DD?

I have to remind you that this is a public forum and although others may not agree with your views we are all entitled to our opinions and people are allowed to question your thought processes, and you will get replies whether or not you want to read them.

If you want to you choose to ignore the poster but telling them to refrain from replying on a public forum is nonsensical.

In relation to you SAR request it will be highly unlikely that you will get data going back to the 1970's as banks only keep data for six years before all records are collected and destroyed securely.

I do also wish to ask, how did you know it took 2 full time members two weeks to compile your data request for your tribunal and why you felt the need to measure the pile of paperwork (just curious naturally)

Have you got a conclusion to this thread now you have escalated your complaint to the FOS in relation to the text message and have complained about the call handler which has been acknowledged.

I can then close the thread.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • 2e0arr
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    I thought your issue was because you received one text message, nothing to do with DD?

I have to remind you that this is a public forum and although others may not agree with your views we are all entitled to our opinions and people are allowed to question your thought processes, and you will get replies whether or not you want to read them.

If you want to you choose to ignore the poster but telling them to refrain from replying on a public forum is nonsensical.

In relation to you SAR request it will be highly unlikely that you will get data going back to the 1970's as banks only keep data for six years before all records are collected and destroyed securely.

I do also wish to ask, how did you know it took 2 full time members two weeks to compile your data request for your tribunal and why you felt the need to measure the pile of paperwork (just curious naturally)

Have you got a conclusion to this thread now you have escalated your complaint to the FOS in relation to the text message and have complained about the call handler which has been acknowledged.

Westie983

Are you a moderator please ?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are you a moderator please ?
    From signature:
    I'm not a moderator
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is this still going on?

Someone close this please.....
  • 2e0arr
    edited 26 April 2018 at 4:42PM
    Options

Westie983
    I think you have misunderstood . I have not escalated the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I have take the opportunity for them to make the complaint on my behalf. I consider that when a complaint comes in on my behalf from the FOS the Bank pay more attention to it.

The complaint is only escalated to them after the company send me their final response or if 8 weeks elapses I can escalate to an adjudication, a cost of £550.

BTW I have received a final resolution from Santander from the person I was unhappy with. Instead of going direct to the financial Ombudsman I have gone back to Santander executive complaints who are happy to examine test and check what I have said and listen to the telephone call with the person I spoke to. In the conversation I mentioned the problem with a familly member regarding the direct debit glitch. I was led to beleive that the direct debit glitch was un known to the person. I suggested check my account and if necessary check the familly members account with their permission of course. I got the impression that this was valuable feedback about the direct debit glitch. I'm glad its not TSB
    I suppose the conclusion wil be when The Santander Executive Complaints person gets back to me. I have agreed timescale and and communications times.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure