Travelling On

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Back to Autumn here:eek: well done on getting stuck into your indoor jobs :j

A double rainbow - sounds amazing :). Hope you get some proper sunshine tomorrow xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi there :)

I just put the washing machine on (and put the heating on to help dry it), plus lots more scanning. I'm also doing "themed" collections of photos. One is on transport - my mum and dad bought a car when I was about 8, I think, and the cars are in the background sometimes from then on. And toys and leisure. Once you start theming them, its fascinating.

I decided to brave the rain, actually drizzle - just stood on any hardstanding near hedges etc and clipped away at them - useful amount done, and I missed all the downpours. Plural! It's classic changeable April weather right now.

Night night all, sleep well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I just love rainbows :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Me too, beanie :)

It's the afternoon :eek:

I had a routine dental appointment and did an errand or so while I was out - all's well, given the horrendous carp my teeth went through from the dental industry when I was a child ... new dentist is a miracle, I love him, I just wish he didn't have the same name as a famous cartoon character, he must have been ribbed to death as a child.

Nothing huge going on here, downpours still making their presence felt, I'd like to be gathering up rubbish from the garden, but I'll create a mudbowl if I go out there ...

Scanned the last of the current huge box of photos, its a lot, and no more to be done now until after the Sun caravan holibob, so its just tidying and backing up now.
  • beanielou
    Been weird here alternating between sunshine & very very heavy showers.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Morning all :)

Wanted to do two loads of washing - only managed one, and now the start button is stuck :( from online research seems that the electronic panel is probably fried. With the washing machine being so cheap, I suspect this means another new washing machine, the 2nd since I moved here. I'm not feeling the love! Will find an electrician on mybuilder later and see what gives, but can't do it now for a week.

Managed to send an email I owed :)

I've done the last few tidies on the scanned photos.

I managed to get my hotmail account onto my phone :j

Right. Printing emails!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What a bummer! You could try the White goods forum - I used them for mine. Sometimes it is OK to do yourself, although electrical shorting is never good. They do have lots of helpful experts who could advise if a competent (neighbour or friend) person could sort it or will say if it is one for the experts. http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    How annoying about the washing machine. Things don't seem to last like they did. Our lawn mower is playing up and we've only had it a couple of years. If it keeps on, I'll have to google to see if I can find someone to have a look at it

I noticed you had been to the Liners exhibition. we are going in two weeks time, so I was interested to read what you thought about it. It sounds very interesting and right up my street
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • beanielou
    Nothing lasts like it used too.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 27 April 2018 at 4:34PM
    Sorry to hear about your washing machine, KC. Mine gave up the ghost last year and it was a nightmare. Someone we know (not a professional, just a gifted amateur) was going to try to fix it but he was really booked up as well as doing his normal office job. It was over 2 weeks before he called and then he said he'd have to try to obtain some parts which took another couple of weeks. I tried handwashing for all that time but OH had lots of filthy clothes that he used in the garden at that time and it was a real nuisance. Also, we had lots of big towels that needed washing and they were a nightmare to wring out enough to try to dry. We were down to our last two clean ones so I resorted to using the launderette a few times but what with the long drive to get there and the limited opening hours, plus the cost of using the machines made me realise that a new machine with a long guarantee was the only way forward.

I bit the bullet and bought one (NOT a cheapie this time:o) as I went for reliability. It washes so much cleaner than my old one, or maybe I'm imagining it to justify the cost. It also has a bigger drum and porthole so is altogether more convenient and, more importantly than any of that, it uses a lot less electricity and has a good selection of eco programmes.

I resented spending the money but a washing machine is absolutely essential. I can forgo most appliances and gadgets but a washing machine isn't one of them.

I hope you get things sorted quickly. Sadly, with most modern appliances, once the 'brain' of the thing develops a major fault it doesn't seem possible to buy parts and fix it cheaply.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback