Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • quinquereme
    • By quinquereme 13th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 38Thanks
    quinquereme
    Club Lloyds and BOS dropping rates to 1.5% on 1st July
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    Club Lloyds and BOS dropping rates to 1.5% on 1st July 13th Apr 18 at 9:29 PM
    Just noticed this on Lloyds website:
    Please note: From the 1st July 2018, we will be changing the interest you can earn on Club Lloyds current accounts. The current interest rate of 2% AER/1.98% Gross variable, payable on balances between 1 and 5,000, will reduce to 1.5% AER/1.49% Gross variable. You will still need to pay at least two different Direct Debits each calendar month to earn interest.

Checked BoS and same with Vantage:
    Please note: From the 1st July 2018, we will be changing the interest you can earn on Vantage accounts. The current interest rate of 2% AER/1.98% Gross variable, payable on balances between 1 and 5,000, will reduce to 1.5% AER/1.49% Gross variable. To earn interest, you will still need to pay at least two different Direct Debits each calendar month, pay at least 1,000 into your account during the calendar month, and stay in credit (above 0) during the monthly billing period.

(Can't post links as a newbie.). Sad times.
Page 5
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 19th Apr 18, 8:01 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    To my knowledge Club Lloyds is the only account which gives half-price access to top business airport lounges, so I will keep it...
    • Vortigern
    • By Vortigern 23rd Apr 18, 1:48 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    Vortigern
    To my knowledge Club Lloyds is the only account which gives half-price access to top business airport lounges, so I will keep it...
    Originally posted by Emily Joy
    How do we get half-price access to airport lounges?

I have a Club Lloyds current account, but I've seen no mention of airport lounges; just cinemas, magazines and tastecard.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 23rd Apr 18, 1:57 PM
    • 2,312 Posts
    • 1,712 Thanks
    veryintrigued

I have a Club Lloyds current account, but I've seen no mention of airport lounges; just cinemas, magazines and tastecard.
    Originally posted by Vortigern
    I thought the same and tried to find out last week but came up with a blank apart from historically i think it was a premium account (that you paid for) offered this in the past.

Very, very happy to be proven wrong!
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 23rd Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    AirlieBird

Originally posted by Vortigern
    Through the gourmet society membership.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • Emily Joy
    • By Emily Joy 23rd Apr 18, 4:08 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Emily Joy
    Through the gourmet society membership.
    Originally posted by AirlieBird
    Yep. Gourmet Society gives access to Dragon Pass which has better choice than 1st Lounge Club which comes with AMEX.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

652Posts Today

5,533Users online

Martin's Twitter