Submitted through resolver - Barclaycard want me to complete a duplicate form on their website.

Plymouth_Morgan
Plymouth_Morgan Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 16 April 2018 at 8:16AM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi. Advice please.

I opened a claim with Barclaycard via resolver and in a letter requesting more information (fair enough) they have asked me to complete their PPI claim form (almost identical to resolver) online or phone for a paper copy. They also asked I phone to confirm information they have.

Is asking me to complete their own form unreasonable? The resolver tool is recognised as an official complaint. I feel it is a delay tactic to put people off. They say the form online takes half an hour and cannot be saved.

I have replied via resolver quoting their reference number with all info requested info.
Thanks for you help and advice

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Resolver is a third party tool that sells the data they collect to third parties for complaint handling (after it's made anonymous), always go direct with complaints.

You don't need to complete the form but if it has anything you didn't mention in resolver then it may harm your case
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The resolver tool is recognised as an official complaint. I feel it is a delay tactic to put people off.
    Just do as the bank requests if you want your complaint to be expedited as quickly as possible.

There is no legal requirement for the Resolver tool to be accepted, though many firms do so voluntarily.

Obviously, the Bank want all their complaints in the same format and someone writing a letter of complaint alone would also be asked to fill in the form.

There is no "delaying tactic" at work here. The Banks continue to pay out £millions to customers mis-sold PPI and will continue to do so until August 2019.
  • Thank you for your replies
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sometimes, the info resolver sends doesnt get read correctly and can leave the receiving firm incomplete information.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure