NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I logged a complaint on behalf of myself and my husband yesterday.

We are both existing account holders, although my husband has some minimal activity on his (c £3k balance on a deposit account and a current account set up for his Paypal - he funds ad hoc as need be).

He's had a phone call today and was advised his payment is 2 weeks behind, but they've paid £50 of compensation into the account today by way of apology as he is a "good customer".

I incidentally logged my complaint first, but I have an existing account with a relatively large available overdraft and a nil balance - which I have had since I graduated in 2012. I've not heard anything yet so they seem to be prioritising "good" customers.

Definitely worth getting the bonus late for an additional £50 (plus any compensation they pay for my account)!
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    I am getting a bit jealous that i got my £125.....
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I want compensation because I was paid on time.....:rotfl:
  • central
    central Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Myself and daughter both got the £125 :-) just started a switch away - this is a truly terrible bank with a truly awful website and app, can't wait to get rid.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    18cc wrote: »

Some of us have been told to wait until April 27th to see the £125. I cant say with confidence that it will be that easy, given the shambles so far.

I would rather have banked the £125 so I could move on.

Also, not everybody I know is getting compensation.
  • I am an existing NatWest customer who switched in 4 donor accounts and am yet to receive the incentive. I spoke to NatWest on the phone today and they couldn't tell me if I had met the criteria (note I definitely have) and was told both on the phone and via live chat that I will get the incentive by the 27th April. Let's see.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nat W was my 1st bank and have been with them for over 40 years and never had a problem that wasn't sorted quickly.
    2 times in all our years together.

Online works OK, only used support for the 2 problems.

Always good when applying for credit....to have a long lasting account.

ps they are not my only bank...

Have multiple Nationwide, Santy, Halifax, Tesco, Lloyds etc, etc

Just use what you have for any future money

pps still not got my NW 125
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    My dad got his £125 today, I have told him to keep quiet and say nothing. We will see how much compensation that he will get .

So now you are a liar too - the lengths you go to shock me! I have reported your post as spam!
  • Incidentally, in response to Mchambers post, Natwest KNOW that some people have had the payment more than once and will be reversing the additional payments.
  • Sconeyj
    Sconeyj Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    My £125 was paid on time, but my girlfriend’s wasn’t. This means we’re now left in a bit of a pickle, as she opened an HSBC account on the 25th March (the last day you could open one and qualify for their switch offer) and the switch to them needs to be started within 30 days (which is 24th April). But NatWest are now saying payments will be made by the 27th. I know NatWest should honour the payment regardless, but I can just envisage hassle in getting the £125 if we attempt to switch away before it’s paid. What would people advise in this situation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure