Vauxhall Zafira - Which One?

atlantis187
atlantis187 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
I'm after a Vauxhall Zafira anything above a 08 plate.
Can anyone please explain to me what the difference is between these models:

Sri
Design
Elitte

I'm totally confused and aint got a clue.

Thanks

Comments

• Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    They're just trim specs.....

Design is most basic.

SRI is supposed to be a bit sporty looking.

Elite is full loaded spec.

VXR is a combination of SRI and Elite + turbo petrol engine.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • interstellaflyer
    interstellaflyer Posts: 2,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2017 at 9:36AM
    Strider590 wrote: »
    They're just trim specs.....

Design is most basic.

Actually Life is the poverty spec, then Exclusiv so the Design is mid spec so a choice between Design and SRi would be mainly cosmetic preference.

The Life and Exclusiv have the CD30 radio/CD and a basic information screen, no computer, the Design and SRi have the CD70 unit, better information screen and computer. Nav versions are available and have the CD70 system and Sat Nav screen.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • SimonD316
    SimonD316 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    IIRC 2008 would be early mk2 facelift. I had a 58 plate Design a few years ago so know them fairly well.

In terms of spec levels the Design and Sri are broadly similar. The Sri is more sporty, the design more stylish. Some things change depending on the engine.

I'd say it's Elite > Design > Sri.

On newer models the Design became the base model.

This might help - http://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/upload/files/Zafira%202008%20Models%20Ed%202%20Jan%202008.pdf

The basic differences are:
    The Design has Black internal trim and half (fake) leather seats
    The Elite has MP3 and Aux input head unit, climate control, black trim and leather seats
    The SRI has Matt Chrome trim and cloth seats
  • Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 724 Forumite
    Just be careful what you buy:

Used Zafira B models sold by secondhand dealers without fire recall

A BBC Radio 4 report has also revealed that a number of used Vauxhall Zafira cars are being sold by secondhand dealers before the remedial work has been completed.

image5_1.jpg?itok=a5tSPpcc
  • atlantis187
    So is the elite model that only comes with aux input and not the other 2. I have got a 08 Astra design currently and this has a aux input.

So from these 3 models the most extras come with the elite then.
    Is this worth it:
    I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702132269164
  • SimonD316
    SimonD316 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Given the choice the Elite is a nicer car to go for.

The CD30MP3 with Aux input was only standard on the Elite. It is possible to retrofit the better units though.

That one looks like it's the 120bhp version. I'd be looking for the 150 if possible. The price looks decent for a 60 plate though.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    IMO, the bigger Vauxhalls are pretty solid cars, the 1.8 is a sturdy engine, it's at the peak of its development, the newer engines and the diesels can be very unreliable by comparison to the 1.8.

Whatever you get, make sure you test drive in ALL gears, because the gearbox input shaft bearings are made of chocolate and when they start to fail they make hard to detect whining noises in 4th and 5th. Two months later you loose reverse gear and your looking down the barrel of a £1500 repair. They will however last the life of the car if driven sensibly and not used for towing.

Make absolutely sure you change the cambelt, even if the seller insists it has been done (this applies to any car with a cambelt really), because a lot of people do cheap cambelt only changes and ignore the pulleys/tensioner, but cambelts normally fail because of faulty tensioners.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • atlantis187
    The car is going to be driven mainly by my wife and because she has health problems it needs to be automatic she will mainly using it around town for school runs etc..
  • david_a
    david_a Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Personally I would go for a 1.8 petrol if it's just short journeys. If you feel you must have a diesel then the 1.7 if it comes in auto trim.
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    vauxhall Astra / Vectra/ Zafira used a combination radiator and oil cooler on autos after 03/04 and it is a total nightmare, even recalled versions fail when the water and gearbox oil mix.
    I would do some googling on this issue before even considering a VX Auto.

Yes you get a lot for your money, well it looks that way, a newer plate car than you get say in a Mercedes but you do and will get what you pay for as well.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport