Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I don't think you will be able to get Sky sports only. You will need one of the TV packs as well. I have got the entertainment pack with sky sports. I am on a 50% off deal for TV and I pay approx £25 per month. I think that this is the cheapest price that you will get for sky sports; although there are some people that have got 75% off deals.

My 75% is about to finish this week and sky about to switch off too. They arent giving that big discounts any more. You'll be lucky to get 50% now. I hope more and more people cancel and make the subscriber numbers fall so they can entice us back in the future :)
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Switched off saturday. I used the 'left in the last 12 months ' chat link, and got offered

Sports, Entertainment, Kids, all in HD for £31.50 a month for 12 months. Not too bad considering what others have been getting but I'll leave it switched off for now seeing I have Netflix to keep me occupied.

Not that desperate at this moment so might get Disney Life at £4.99 a month, and that will keep the kids happy , much better than what they watch on Sky Cinema anyway.
  • jerrysimon
    jerrysimon Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Hung up my suit!
    edited 27 April 2018 at 2:48PM
    Options
    I currently have Sky TV including Boxsets, HD and Entertainment also have fibre all for £34/month. I basically cancelled last year and they offered me the deal two weeks later.

Problem with cheap deals, is the next year its a shock £78/month!!

I don't think I will get anywhere near that deal again.

Through haggling I have got it down to £55/month getting BB down to £25/month and TV down to £30/month. I am a VIP member.

I do like Sky service as I dont think my BB has been out once in the last 12 months. Telephone service is also very good when you contact them. They want me to move to their mobile service as well. Currently I use EE.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jerrysimon wrote: »
    I currently have Sky TV including Boxsets, HD and Entertainment also have fibre all for £34/month. I basically cancelled last year and they offered me the deal two weeks later.

Problem with cheap deals, is the next year its a shock £78/month!!

I don't think I will get anywhere near that deal again.

Through haggling I have got it down to £55/month getting BB down to £25/month and TV down to £30/month. I am a VIP member.

I do like Sky service as I dont think my BB has been out once in the last 12 months. Telephone service is also very good when you contact them. They want me to move to their mobile service as well. Currently I use EE.

The lowest I could get them to for UL fiber was £23 and that was only after I'd put in for a switch to NowTV. Happily my 50% off Boxsets is good until May next year because presumably due to the takeover talks they're really mean on offers at the moment.
    I do like Sky service as I dont think my BB has been out once in the last 12 months

I'd expect that from any supplier myself.

Sky use O2 as the carrier so you'd have to check your coverage in your usual haunts first although it's not a bad deal with them if it suits yourself.
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So we now pay £51.50 per month for

Sky Q
    Sky Q multi room
    Entertainment, kids, hdboxsets
    Fibre
    Line rental
    Talk anytime extra
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• jerrysimon
    jerrysimon Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Thanks. They also gave me a free callout last year as my box was faulty and replaced it for a new unit!

I will see if I can get them down a few quid but probably the best I will get.

Not really looked at Sky Q ?

With NowTv I assume you can't record ?

Maybe I could do without boxsets.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks. They also gave me a free callout last year as my box was faulty and replaced it for a new unit!

I will see if I can get them down a few quid but probably the best I will get.

Not really looked at Sky Q ?

Maybe I could do without boxsets.

I've been with them for over 10 years now and have never had an issue so I'm not a Sky naysayer by any stretch but they just seem unwilling to bend at the moment.

Sky Q will cost you more without doubt. To get a half decent deal on the TV you'd have to schedule a cancellation and see who blinks first. If you're happy paying £25 for UL fiber then you may as well stick as there's not much better out there right now. I jumped on the NowTV £20 UL fiber offer which finished last week(?)
  • DRY411S
    DRY411S Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was paying £96.50 for Sky HD+ & all channels & multiroom. Had separate phone & broadband contract with SSE that was about to rise to £49.99 a month.

Lucky enough to be in a VM cabled area who have a VIP Bundle for £88 over 18 months (phone, broadband, TV inc Sky Sports and Cinema).

Invited Sky to beat the £88, which they have done, including free Sky Q 2TB and Sky mini. I have pay only the £65 installation feed.

End result is £84 per month versus what was about to become £146.49 = almost £750 per year saving, + latest Sky Q for £65.
  • DRY411S
    DRY411S Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

You cannot, but they have an 'on demand' streaming so you have (typically) 4 weeks to watch some programs that you missed when it was live.
  • comalley2015
    comalley2015 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I placed my cancellation for Sky TV cancellation around two weeks ago (full HD package). I received a text message, linking to an online chat offer.

I was offered £43 a month for the full HD TV package or £59 per month for 12 months (up to £91 per month after 12 months) for a 2TB Sky Q Box, two free mini boxes and free installation.

Is this is a good deal or should I hold fire? Sky Q contract is 18 months.

Cheers,

C
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport