Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    liamcov wrote: »
    How many DDs can be set up on this account? How many accounts can one have?

One DD per account. Supposedly you can have one Post Office account, but some have reported having more!
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ello Miss, I wish to register a complaint

Now that the DD facility has gone I've noticed that my list of payees on my savings accounts now only include the ones I had DDs set up for and all the others (that continue to be listed on my current accounts) are missing. I don't think this has anything to do with changes to named linked accounts as they were all in my name and I can add them back again, but it's going to be a pain as I have 21 of them. One of the nice things about Tesco was that there was a common list of payees shared across accounts

/Grumble over
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Ello Miss, I wish to register a complaint

Now that the DD facility has gone I've noticed that my list of payees on my savings accounts now only include the ones I had DDs set up for and all the others (that continue to be listed on my current accounts) are missing. I don't think this has anything to do with changes to named linked accounts as they were all in my name and I can add them back again, but it's going to be a pain as I have 21 of them. One of the nice things about Tesco was that there was a common list of payees shared across accounts

/Grumble over

‘Ello sir.

Terribly sorry for the trouble it has caused you. System wasnt really designed for people that have 21 linked accounts...!

Complaint has been raised on your behalf and I will ask IT to develop a spreadsheet upload facility to add linked accounts for bulk upload.

Estimated implementation time is 4 years.
  • 2e0arr
    2e0arr Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 April 2018 at 2:18PM
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    That is why I am doing nothing with my Tesco dds until I have proof that they are actually stopping them. Could be very interesting.
    If it helps ......to overcome the loss of Direct Debits on Santander 123 accounts myself and a family member took out a credit card each.

My family member took out a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card. All was fine till they used it the first time and after making a telephone call the next day they received and unexpected email from and unknown email address with a click in it link.

Knowing from previous experience myself that these marketing emails cannot be stopped by us Tesco was telephoned. The Tesco clerk discussed setting up ATD "authorised telephone disclosure" for me.
    I called on Friday last after logging in to the family members account when i asked a question the clerk said you are no authorised no ATD has been setup up.
    I found this highly embarrassing and the clerk went on to set it up again.
    I recalled 5 minutes later to test. The clerk was about to give me details when i asked should you not check my ATD status?
    The body language on the phone of the clerk was panic to relief and we cleared ATD.

Thinking about this possible vulnerability of the Tesco Credit Card system last Saturday i gave it another test. The clerk carried out login details with the owners log in details I asked a question about the account. The clerk gave me the answer.
    Seconds later asked me for my ATD check I refused.

I spoke to the manager and raised 3 issues for feedback

for family member ..
    1 Failure of Tesco security
    2 processing personal data incorrectly and for wrong reasons DPA principle two ? I think

for myself
    3 the humiliation and embarrassment of being told I had not been given ATD access and problems caused at home and time in checking their system and finding a failure.

At present asking for feedback but possible a complaint from each of us to the FOS and family member complaint to ICO for DPA breach

For myself I took out a John Lewis Credit card so far no problem with John Lewis.

However i put some petrol in at a Tesco garage. The first pump tried was pay at pump only. inserted the credit card and used the wrong pin number. The pump rejected the card. Saw an assistant asked to move to other pump to pay in kiosk. all ok
    Later in the evening checked online and a £1 extra on pending. called in to John Lewis and they said the first pump had charged £1 on the card.
    Not knowing why this happened at the time I revisited the garage no real answer and after more calls to John Lewis the charge disappeared at about 1 am in the morning. Their system had temporarily charged £1 to my credit card for an unathorised transaction (incorrect pin), causing me stress and anxiety that it had been skimmed or i was a fraud id theft victim.

Awaiting result of complaint with Tesco Retail
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What has that got to do with Tesco withdrawing the DD function from their savings accounts?
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    What has that got to do with Tesco withdrawing the DD function from their savings accounts?

Post history is reminiscent of MChambers long lost cousin. I would not worry.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    @2e0arr The system is working correctly. For petrol pumps the flow chart is:

1. customer inserts card
    2. pump checks card is valid by putting a £1 hold on the card balance (note doesn't take money but just a hold)
    3. asks for PIN
    4. incorrect PIN -> card rejected, hold cancelled (can take several days for hold to disappear depending on card)
    5. correct PIN -> purchase price charged to card, hold cancelled (note this means that in fact your card balance has been reduced by costofpetrol+£1 until the hold falls off).
  • 2e0arr
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    @2e0arr The system is working correctly. For petrol pumps the flow chart is:

1. customer inserts card
    2. pump checks card is valid by putting a £1 hold on the card balance (note doesn't take money but just a hold)
    3. asks for PIN
    4. incorrect PIN -> card rejected, hold cancelled (can take several days for hold to disappear depending on card)
    5. correct PIN -> purchase price charged to card, hold cancelled (note this means that in fact your card balance has been reduced by costofpetrol+£1 until the hold falls off).

Thank you the

If i had left the station without a purchase i would have had a £1 hold on my card? for an unspecified time ?

Also we use post Office savers for Santander 123 direct debits.
  • sully1311
    sully1311 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    2e0arr wrote: »
    Thank you the

If i had left the station without a purchase i would have had a £1 hold on my card? for an unspecified time ?

Also we use post Office savers for Santander 123 direct debits.

Are you sure you don't want to sue Tesco for only taking £1 and not the full amount of fuel straight away?
  • 2e0arr
    Options
    sully1311 wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't want to sue Tesco for only taking £1 and not the full amount of fuel straight away?
    Thank you now theres a thought. it was 2 transaction and one was made without a pin entered correctly. The question is the £1 was notified but never taken. The complaint to Tesco has been in about 4 working days no response yet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure