BA airline change - refund?

Hello, some advice please - I booked to travel to Majorca with BA. A month later they advised me that they had shifted the flight operator from BA to Titan Airlines. I've never heard of Titan Airlines and booked to fly with BA. I asked them for a refund but they have so far said I am not entitled. Am I entitled to a refund under my consumer rights? My thinking is that I bought a ticket to fly with BA and now am not, so the flights are 'not as described?'

More broadly BA's customer service is cynically trying to prevent customer get refunds - they took over 2 weeks to answer my emailed request, they have me on hold for over an hour before answering my call (all the time charging me for the cost of a call), they then take over a week answering any response via email, you cannot reply to their email responses so you have no case thread, and finally their customer services support line doesnt open till 1pm. It's all cycnical and designed to make any form of contact or complaint incredibly difficult for their customers. Why do they do this?!?

Many thanks Robbie

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Better to post this on the flights board..
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    robbols wrote: »
    I've never heard of Titan Airlines and booked to fly with BA.

BA have leased the planes from Titan. Nothing new as they've had a relationship for over a decade. BA are still your carrier.
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    BA have leased the planes from Titan. Nothing new as they've had a relationship for over a decade. BA are still your carrier.

Not strictly true! The flight will be operated by Titan, on a Titan aircraft and by Titan crew. The fact it has a BA flight number is neither here nor there.

OP you have no automatic right to a refund but I did manage to swap my flight, free of charge, to a BA operated flight.
  • newuser86
    newuser86 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You will probably get better service. BA have been really poor recently
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    newuser86 wrote: »
    You will probably get better service. BA have been really poor recently

On board, Titan used to have complimentary snacks and drinks when leasing for BA but this year BA have given them the buy on board menus and stock...
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 27 May 2018 at 4:04AM
    You have no entitlement to a refund. You are still travelling on a BA flight albeit one operated by another airline on their behalf. This is a matter covered by the General Conditions of Carriage.
    That said, are you sure that you actually want to cancel? Everything else remains unchanged dates, times etc and looking at their website Titan seems to be OK. The aircraft interiors look quite nice with the leather seats.
    If you do cancel, who will you fly with instead? Will you get the same times on the same days at the same price? Presumably you originally chose BA because you were looking for quality and wanted to avoid a low cost carrier? There is no reason to suppose that the change of actual operator will adversely affect the quality of the flight in any way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure