Tales from The Shire

Comments

• My job list has halved with Mr F back to help :T I've set him to work doing general tidying and maintenance and I've concentrated on those things he can't do to my exacting standards.

The bathrooms are clean so that's the last of the 'rooms' sorted and I'm just taking a break whilst waiting for my Christmas food delivery to arrive. If there's anything missing I shall send Mr F to the shops for it tomorrow - revenge is sweet :rotfl:

The builders have got one side of the outbuilding up. They'll do a half day tomorrow and come back to finish after their Christmas break. Everything should be finished now by mid-January with the exception of the doors which have to be specially made so may take longer. I am looking forward to a building break :T

Right, on to the next job...

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Blimey, you are very lucky to have a man like that :love:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey, you are very lucky to have a man like that :love:

He did the right thing in the end Beanie :A

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • My goodness FS - Mr F is definitely a keeper. (Or else you have the best teacher face EVER!!!)

Don't be too harsh on him revenge wise, I think he realises his error.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Thanks for the inspiration all year long. I always left with a smile (well, nearly always) :)

Happy Christmas :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • What a tremendous year it has been Fortune, enjoy your first Christmas in your new home
    :beer:
  • Thanks for the inspiration all year long. I always left with a smile (well, nearly always) :)

Happy Christmas :)

And to you DIA. I've always left with a smile too (well, nearly always) :)
    What a tremendous year it has been Fortune, enjoy your first Christmas in your new home
    :beer:

Thank you ETE. We have had a fabulous Christmas so far. I hope you're enjoying the festivities too.
    My goodness FS - Mr F is definitely a keeper. (Or else you have the best teacher face EVER!!!)

Don't be too harsh on him revenge wise, I think he realises his error.

I do have resting !!!!! face apparently :rotfl: He's redeemed himself now. Merry Christmas Wish.

Fortune x
  • Merry Christmas! A little late I know but I hope you all had a good one.

We started Christmas early with a family day on Saturday which extended to lunch on Christmas Eve. Much fun was had and we made some wonderful memories.

It was just the two of us for the Day itself and we'd booked into a local wine bar for our lunch. It was fabulous and we will definitely be visiting again.

Today is a down day and we are lazing around taking it easy. At some point I will have to clean the guest rooms as DC arrives tomorrow and a friend is joining us on Friday night.

The budget has held due to some shuffling of pots but it is squeaky and we will certainly have to watch the pennies for a few months more. The end of March will bring a boost to our finances and I will be able to make more progress with our plans.

It's been lovely having a break from the build. We thought we'd be sheepless as well as Farmer Giles had said he was collecting the flock to be scanned. However, he brought five rams back unexpectedly. Annoying as one of the family is frightened of livestock and was very uncomfortable on our dogs walks. FDawg tried to round them up and ran straight into the head of the biggest :eek: Fortunately he didn't need a vet visit but he did limp for a couple of days. He is becoming more and more obsessed with the sheep and I think it would be best if we didn't have them here going forward. After the New Year I'll look into the cost of getting someone in to maintain the ground and see if we can do without them. It is a little disconcerting to have the farmer and his family coming and going without warning plus some of them have a good look through the windows whilst they're here :eek:
    Maybe it's because we've had the builders here for some weeks but I'm feeling the need for more control over my environment and a little more privacy.

Right, I'd better get on. Mr F has come down with a cold so I've had a few extra chores added to my list.

Enjoy the rest of your break peeps.

Fortune x
  • Glad you had a good Christmas fortune hope mr F is on the mend. It will be lovely in 2018 building on all those wonderful foundations (literally in the case of the outhouse ;)), I hope it’s amazing for you.
  • Glad you had a good Christmas fortune hope mr F is on the mend. It will be lovely in 2018 building on all those wonderful foundations (literally in the case of the outhouse ;)), I hope it’s amazing for you.

Thank you Purp. It seems Mr F has man flu so is apparently unfit for active duty and excused all chores. He's still drinking beer though :rotfl:

Hope 2018 brings you happiness.

Fortune x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback