• The under cupboard lights are mysteriously working again
    • 2 more work compliments
    • I had a Good Day at work yesterday where I almost enjoyed myself
    • My new boss is good
    • Resisted pre weekend Chinese last night
    • Expense claims all up to date
    • I have a day off today (flex)

Bad Things :exclamati
    • Contemplating buying a new cat flap. £60. Do I, don't I ? The big cat has taken to walking over the conservatory roof and flinging himself at our bedroom window
    • Have run out of teabags
    • Shopping doesn't arrive until tomorrow
    • The above means it's going to be difficult to resist takeaway tonight

Going to check payments and see if debt is now £37xxx
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FIDDLED WITH THE WIRES!!!

Nooooo too risky.

While you are home you should try turning all off, tug wires in appropriate area and then follow EH's advice.

Last time ours was a mouse that had climbed into the surface mounted box in the shed and electrocuted itself. The body did not catch fire and was acting as an arc between the live and neutral. It took (the emergency electrician) ages to find. We now have the right isolation features between outside and inside and all the outside switches have plastic shields too - for me you cannot be too careful with electrics and fire danger

Great positives BTW!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Never mind the wires, you've RUN OUT OF TEABAGS. Priorities.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    • Contemplating buying a new cat flap. £60. Do I, don't I ? The big cat has taken to walking over the conservatory roof and flinging himself at our bedroom window

Can just imagine it now.....meow....wheeeee.....splat!!! as moggy slides down the window :rotfl:

Fingers crossed that the debt has gone down, my next aim is to be just below £8k

Hope you got your teabags....how could you let them run out?? I'm shocked!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Good point, well made ;)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Paws Why am I remembering those 70s style child danger TV ads when hearing your husband's words? You know the terribly chilling ones they'd never get away with now for fear of contravening the EYF or something ;) Child A passing Ex Child B's house 'Dave doesn't live here anymore' cutaway shot to a pylon:rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Goodness, I seem to remember that ad too, just the words. DH once got thrown across our living room just fiddling with the wires. He's never done that again.

Hope you've got some teabags now. I couldn't cope if I couldn't have my morning cuppa. About to get my second of the day already.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FIDDLED WITH THE WIRES!!!

Nooooo too risky.

While you are home you should try turning all off, tug wires in appropriate area and then follow EH's advice.

Last time ours was a mouse that had climbed into the surface mounted box in the shed and electrocuted itself. The body did not catch fire and was acting as an arc between the live and neutral. It took (the emergency electrician) ages to find. We now have the right isolation features between outside and inside and all the outside switches have plastic shields too - for me you cannot be too careful with electrics and fire danger

Great positives BTW!

Poor old Mousey. I am going to hope that he did turn it off at the mains...

I know! Bad household management. The husband has been most disapproving.
    Can just imagine it now.....meow....wheeeee.....splat!!! as moggy slides down the window :rotfl:

Fingers crossed that the debt has gone down, my next aim is to be just below £8k

Hope you got your teabags....how could you let them run out?? I'm shocked!

You are almost right with the cat apart from we sleep with the bedroom window most the time. So what has actually happened is a great big cannonball of a cat has landed ON ME, but somehow looking surprised at being there, despite him being the one who hurled himself.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Paws Why am I remembering those 70s style child danger TV ads when hearing your husband's words? You know the terribly chilling ones they'd never get away with now for fear of contravening the EYF or something ;) Child A passing Ex Child B's house 'Dave doesn't live here anymore' cutaway shot to a pylon:rotfl:

I have just spent a happy 10 minutes watching public information films. You're right, they are terrifying. "There is a deadly disease with no known cure....:eek:"
    Jazee wrote: »
    Goodness, I seem to remember that ad too, just the words. DH once got thrown across our living room just fiddling with the wires. He's never done that again.

Hope you've got some teabags now. I couldn't cope if I couldn't have my morning cuppa. About to get my second of the day already.

I was taken to buy some, the husband simply could not wait.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    Good Things:j
    • Have been working on credit card stuff
    • Been for a run. A little slower than last time but not too much.
    • Going out for one of our planned treats tonight.
    • Have been paid for the mystery shopper outing.
    • Our front garden is looking smashing. Looks like the odd hour here and there is paying off because the crocus and daffodil blooms are the best yet. I tried to estimate, i reckon there are around 500 crocuses and over 1000 daffodils (yet to fully come out). Its going to be spectacular. All bulbs planted by the previous owner and i am grateful to her every spring, still I think they have done some dividing this year, because my borders are pretty full.
    • Haven't had a takeaway (although, see below, this is because our grocery spends are phenomenal)
    • The Big Number is below £38k now.

Bad Things :exclamati
    • Wasted most of my day off by sleeping.
    • Needed food for last night. An iceland advert came on for chateaubriand so the husband and i decided to go and get some and try it (we love chateaubriand). £50 later, we left the shop. On the plus side, our freezers are bursting.
    • Also another £23.96 in Aldi on drinks for home. We are reasonably well stocked on drinks now
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport