MSE News: MSE Big Energy Switch Event 5: British Gas £300/yr saving for new &...

Options

Comments

• Former_MSE_Laura_B
    Options
    Hi all,

We had a little technical glitch with the site this morning. However this should now be back up and running as usual!

Thanks,
    MSE Laura
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right question for you guys:

Finally convinced my parents to switch from the pay quarterly when the bill arrives standard tariff because they don't even have to switch from their current supplier and the £300 saving they will make will be nice.

Now the bill is in one parents name but he does not have a bank account and the funds actually come the other parents personal bank account even though the bill is in the other parents name.

So I just realised when coming to switch and about to set up the direct debit. I will be setting up a Direct Debit from the account of my parent whos name is not on the bill.
    That point I stopped the process and decided to check on here if it is possible to do that?

Any thoughts or been in a similar situation?
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Li0nhead wrote: »

Finally convinced my parents to switch from the pay quarterly when the bill arrives standard tariff because they don't even have to switch from their current supplier and the £300 saving they will make will be nice.

Now the bill is in one parents name but he does not have a bank account and the funds actually come the other parents personal bank account even though the bill is in the other parents name.

So I just realised when coming to switch and about to set up the direct debit. I will be setting up a Direct Debit from the account of my parent whos name is not on the bill.
    That point I stopped the process and decided to check on here if it is possible to do that?

This is a question best answered by the (unidentified) supplier.
  • Pocket9s
    Pocket9s Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Site gone down again..........
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    dinger3 wrote: »
    Hi MSE,
    I am a BG customer, and switched to YOUR new deal called; MSE BG Collective Fix Oct 2017; which apparently is for 'duel fuel', and on the MSE Cheap Energy Club site, of which I am signed up to, it tells me I am in the process of switching to this new deal. Well I received an email from BG B]Saturday 24 Sept 2016[/B informing me of 'Important information about your new gas tariff''. So I signed into my BG account; and THAT does show I am NOW on this new deal for BG Collective Fix Oct 2017; BUT FOR GAS ONLY, AND MY ELECTRICITY IS STILL ON STANDARD TARIFF!!! WHY IS THIS???
    Why haven't BG put me on the 'DUEL FUEL' tariffs for YOUR MSE BG Collective Fix Oct 2017?

Can someone there in the MSE Cheap Energy Club please look into this and get back to me, before the deal finishes altogether, as I need both my Gas and Electricity to be as cheap as possible? Thank you.

Hi dinger3, I hope you've now got confirmation both your gas & electricity is switching to the new Collective Tariff.
    However if you need any help; please just call our Collective Tariff Team on 0800 975 9712 and one our advisors will make sure everything's going through okay. Cheers, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    Options
    Li0nhead wrote: »

Hi Li0nhead, it won’t cause any problems with the switch.
    However I'd recommend you give us a call with both your parents present, so we can make sure they're both named on the bills & make it easier for either of them to chat about the account, Cheers, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sherbie28
    sherbie28 Posts: 632 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2016 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Posted a few days ago but didn't get reply. Parents currently BG customer, if sign up will they still be with BG or do they have to change to another company in a year's time? They don't want to change from BT. Also will they make them have a smart meter?
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    Options
    sherbie28 wrote: »
    Posted a few days ago but didn't get reply. Parents currently BG customer, if sign up will they still be with BG or do they have to change to another company in a year's time? They don't want to change from BT. Also will they make them have a smart meter?

Hi sherbie28, if your parents sign up, we'll write to them when the Collective tariff is due to end to let them know about new deals and they'd stick with us.
    Although I think they might find smart meters useful, it's not something they'd have to get and it would be down to them whether they get them fitted. Thanks, Matt
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    British gas rep Matt and MSE

Re collective tariff

I would have liked to have changed my tariff but I got the email when I was on holiday and don't arrive home until tomorrow. My fix is till December. I don't expect to have to carry my bills around in order to have the required details at any random time in case of instances like this.

Not happy at all
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    British gas cheaper than any other with no get out fee, rubbish. They have quoted me £101 pound a month more than I pay and a get out fee, please explain please. I am with GB energy. Live in a terrace 3 bedroom house with central heating. In the premises day and night as I work from home. I pay £44 for 6 month and £87 for 6 months and in credit.
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure