Credit Card transactions not showing

Options
Morning
Recently took out Virgin Atlantic credit card to get airmiles with, as seems best rewards card at the moment.. I have always bought and paid in full as dont like paying the interest! however, two transactions last week, one with chip and pin at Argos, the other with contactless at Tenpin bowling, showed up all week as "PENDING", but the pending never turned to purchase, and they have now dropped off my account. It has now been 12 days (10 working days).
i have never come across this before, and use reward credit cards for everything i buy - contactless or chip and pin. Sometimes the payment shows twice, but only one ever changes to purchased, but nothing like this before

any ideas?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have 6 months to claim the payment without informing you and 6 years to tell you that they require it to be paid. Most likely the transactions will appear again soon, but occasionally you get away without paying - I have one from 3 years ago that was never claimed, although still could be.
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    They have 6 months to claim the payment without informing you and 6 years to tell you that they require it to be paid. Most likely the transactions will appear again soon, but occasionally you get away without paying - I have one from 3 years ago that was never claimed, although still could be.

thanks... never come across it thats all - one of them has gone through since posting - just waiting for the other
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am sure the other transaction will soon appear.
  • cryptoking18
    Options
    I have sometimes seen that happensit takes 2 or three days for the debit card transaction to appear, but the pending credit card transaction can appear in minutes
  • GaryWhite
    GaryWhite Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sometimes it takes time to show other times it won't but just wait and see if it will be claimed like agrinnall mentioned..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure