HSL market system is a scam

Comments

• Khayrul
    Khayrul Posts: 5 Forumite
    Any new developments regarding this scam. i have requested for FB group and waiting to be approved. all the victims please join. apology for long absence
  • lynnrudd
    lynnrudd Posts: 10 Forumite
    They got us too, Facebook link please. Only realised they’d gone yesterday when the stock download site went to a Go Daddy holding page.
  • Yes - the value-stock site has now gone down as well as the smart-centre site, so even if you want to continue to use the HSL software (if you wish to continue to be foolish), you cannot
  • rob505
    rob505 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Fellow sucker here...please can I have the FB link sent to me please. Will also be contacting Action Fraud about this.
  • Owena1
    Owena1 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hey. Im the admin of the Facebook Group. Please can you tell me about your situation and then I'll gladly invite you to the group.
    Regards
    Adam
  • lynnrudd
    Hi Adam,

Your pm box is showing full and won't let me sending a pm to it.
    This is my info:
    I bought into HSL last August with a colleague who had received the pack in the post out of the blue. He's a business owner so we assumed that's how they got his details. I checked online and saw they'd been around for a number of years so thought they were legit. We dealt with a woman at first and then Austin on many occasions, he was friendly and knowledgable so still no alarm bells rang.
    We bought the two years worth of downloads from Value-stock and have done the daily downloads since then. We opened an XO account for the shares (hope they're legit!) and have been trading with £2000 between us. We're about £300 down overall.
    Last Friday when I tried to download the end of day shares I got a Go Daddy holding page and then started to google what was going on and ended up here! We had paid out £5000 for the software and I think £650 for the value-stock downloads. Any advice on what we need to do / who to report this to will be much appreciated.
  • clubconsoles
    clubconsoles Posts: 53 Forumite
    lynnrudd wrote: »
    Hi Adam,

Your pm box is showing full and won't let me sending a pm to it.
    This is my info:
    I bought into HSL last August with a colleague who had received the pack in the post out of the blue. He's a business owner so we assumed that's how they got his details. I checked online and saw they'd been around for a number of years so thought they were legit. We dealt with a woman at first and then Austin on many occasions, he was friendly and knowledgable so still no alarm bells rang.
    We bought the two years worth of downloads from Value-stock and have done the daily downloads since then. We opened an XO account for the shares (hope they're legit!) and have been trading with £2000 between us. We're about £300 down overall.
    Last Friday when I tried to download the end of day shares I got a Go Daddy holding page and then started to google what was going on and ended up here! We had paid out £5000 for the software and I think £650 for the value-stock downloads. Any advice on what we need to do / who to report this to will be much appreciated.
    most important thing is how you paid? Did you use a credit card for any part of the transaction??
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    If by XO you mean x-o.co.uk then they are a legitimate site.

You will however need to write off the £300 you have lost on short-term trading. You can't do credit card chargebacks when you lose money on the stockmarket.

I checked online and saw they'd been around for a number of years so thought they were legit.

What gave you that idea? web.archive.org shows that HSL didn't exist before 2017.
  • lynnrudd
    I found some old forum chats where they were listed from about 12 years ago.
  • lynnrudd
    most important thing is how you paid? Did you use a credit card for any part of the transaction??

Paid by bank transfer so I suspect it's long gone now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback