Crazzzy Npower

Options
prost
prost Posts: 144 Forumite
edited 30 March 2018 at 3:34PM in Energy
I've lived in my flat for 14 years and never used Npower. They sent two letters to my address with someone's name who has never lived here. I opened one of them and it was a bill. I marked the other "Return to sender. No such person living here" and posted it. They're making up phantom customers. What can they do next?

I'm not paying them anything. If I'd been one of their customers I would have left ages ago even if they'd been the cheapest.

I tried submitting a complaint to ofgem but they say npower isn't a participating company or they don't deal with this sort of thing.

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So n'power have made an error, they do it all the time.

Problem is, is that once it occurs it can take on a life of it's own and can escalate through Np's broken systems to Debt collectors.
    Protect your tail by establishing a paper trail - When the next demand arrives send it back with a letter, and keep a copy of it and the bill safely filed away.
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    prost wrote: »
    I've lived in my flat for 14 years and never used Npower. They sent two letters to my address with someone's name who has never lived here. I opened one of them and it was a bill. I marked the other "Return to sender. No such person living here" and posted it. They're making up phantom customers. What can they do next?

I'm not paying them anything. If I'd been one of their customers I would have left ages ago even if they'd been the cheapest.

I tried submitting a complaint to ofgem but they say npower isn't a participating company or they don't deal with this sort of thing.

Hi prost,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry for the letters you have received. I will be happy to take a look at this if you would like to send me an email (using the address from my profile) with your address details.

Thanks

Vicky :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • prost
    prost Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    I've had an e-mail from Npower saying they have removed my address from that account. Thanks, npower, for your intervention.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure