Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I found it in my account under rewards or something.

I've got my Reward preferences but sadly it is blank ..
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • annieme
    annieme Posts: 452 Forumite
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Did we all know that rewards (free cake) are now on the John Lewis app so you don't have to faff with paper vouchers?

Thank you for that, I’ve not had any rewards or treats from JL since they started apart from vouchers for tea & cake once. I didn’t know they were still giving them. I’ve downloaded the app & no treats showing so I phoned them. Apparently they’re having trouble with the app. They’re changing the treats to tailor them to the individual, whatever that’s going to mean. Probably won’t be as good as what it was, a bit like the removal of W’s pick your own. They’ve looked into my account & apparently I opted out, I don’t remember that. Anyway they’re going to send me some vouchers in the post. It’ll be interesting to see what everyone gets in future.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    bubbs wrote: »
    What sort of show is she giving us?:rotfl::rotfl:

Well spotted, I seriously didn't notice that one :eek:

Well, I have heard back from TalkMobile about my NUC for my phone, and they have escalated the issue to a higher level. Why could they not reply like that in the first place! Will have to wait and see if they come back with anything useful. If not I will buy one off Ebay.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbs
    Well spotted, I seriously didn't notice that one :eek:

Well, I have heard back from TalkMobile about my NUC for my phone, and they have escalated the issue to a higher level. Why could they not reply like that in the first place! Will have to wait and see if they come back with anything useful. If not I will buy one off Ebay.

Surprised other hawk eyes didn't:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Got my Home & contents renewal email from Aviva today. Last year was £98 less £50 CB, so a net £48.. Renewal this year £148 :eek::eek::eek:

Cover for house and £20000 contents, no accidental cover £400 excess on both.

Today after scraping quotes and sifting through cashbacks, then seeing quotes different from comparisons I settled on.....
    SAGA (Yes I am an old git) Same cover except excess only £350. CB is £70, but if I include legal cover at £24 extra I would get £101 CB, so get paid £7 to take Legal cover.
    None of the additional charges such as accidental cover, emergency stuff etc.

SO drum roll....... quote was £124, so bought it, cashback (hopefully) £101, so a net £23 for the year, my BEST ever!!!
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

How the heck do peeps stay with their existing provider, mine gave an increase of 51% totally shocking, especially with no claims and no change in circumstances.

Anyone managed less so far this year?

Not quite the same as I've only got contents (house is rented) - £46 through endsleigh and cashback through TCB was £35, leaving me with £11 to pay for £20K cover :beer:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    davemorton wrote: »
    Get me an invite :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Its fancy dress
    davemorton wrote: »
    I would just copy shops. Depends how large an APG she would be happy with buy buy 3/6/more of the bottles of wine on the list a few pages back, with suitable fillers.

Great
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    New mags are out nothing really interesting , £5 off £25 f&f clothing, vegi bites, they would work out cheap there are 2 coupons for this one at the front and one in the middle, if you couls use them together i dont know

Hope you soon get better xxx

they need to be different barcodes then maybe yes
  • bubbs
    zippydooda wrote: »
    they need to be different barcodes then maybe yes

Think they were the same, but dont know if SA would click as one coupon is twice the size of others
  • Ungnome
    Ungnome Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just when i think i have it sussed i get it wrong :o

Tried wolf blass red label shiraz earlier as it wasn't on the wine list but looked like it should work v M, but nope!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure