MSE News: Sky takes over O2 and Be broadband: What does this mean for customers?

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    nod149 wrote: »
    Hello I have my phoneline and call package with fuel broadband. My broadband is with sky. I have just renewed and was offered the same deal as last year £7.50 per month for one year. I was originally an o2 custmer. I was surprised the be offered the same deal with no haggling at all.
    Well done, perhaps I should give them another call. May I ask which number you called, or was it an online chat?

Thanks
    Stompa
  • DavidP24
    DavidP24 Posts: 957 Forumite
    You might want to complain to Sky that they are charging you (a loyal customer) more than they charged new customers for a Broadband and line. I paid £61 for the year.
    Thanks, don't you just hate people with sigs !
  • Stompa
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    You might want to complain to Sky that they are charging you (a loyal customer) more than they charged new customers for a Broadband and line. I paid £61 for the year.
    I'm not much of a loss to them though, I've only paid a total of £137 for 3 years of broadband!
    Stompa
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Stompa wrote: »
    I'm not much of a loss to them though, I've only paid a total of £137 for 3 years of broadband!

Started on O2, deal was 12 months for cost of 9 with £50 from Topcashback =£22 for year.
    Then couple of years at around £6/mth

TBH now I've lost track, because it's hardly cost a thing + old age. :)
    Sky became involved, we complained to O2 and I seem to remember getting a year for nothing.
    Then they were giving out £75 credit to cover 12mths at £5/mth.
    Then £5/mth, then £7.50/mth.
    So overall it's been pretty cheap, and never had a break in service.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • nod149
    nod149 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hello I called 03300413979. Spoke to a really helpful lady
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2017 at 6:38PM
    nod149 wrote: »
    Hello I called 03300413979. Spoke to a really helpful lady

Best I could get was £10 a month broadband only which isn't to bad as I had a couple of years free after o2 last 2 years have been £5.00 and £7.50 and it was going up to £15 in march so £10 will do especially as we use 500gb a month what with sons ps4 and 2 now TV boxes used most days
  • Stompa
    gardner1 wrote: »
    Best I could get was £10 a month broadband only which isn't to bad as I had a couple of years free after o2 last 2 years have been £7.50 and it was going up to £15 in march so £10 will do especially as we use 500gb a month what with sons ps4 and 2 now TV boxes used most days

I called the same number, and wasn't offered anything.
    Stompa
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Ex O2 BB moved onto Sky.
    I've let my BT line rental saver lapse to get back in sync with BB from Sky, so hoping for better deal.
    Sky deal was £7.50 now rising to £10 and 12 months up in a few days time.
    The premium of fibre over adsl seems to have shrunk in recent months.
    I'm going to see what Sky can offer, but am seriously considering the Uswitch Virgin deal, £25/mth + £14.99 set up.
    https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/splash/16328?_cid=155074371&listname=Broadband+-+Broadband+%26+Home+Phone+Deals

I had VM years 10 years ago, so already cabled.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • Stompa
    spud17 wrote: »
    I'm going to see what Sky can offer
    I also have landline with BT and BB with Sky, and despite calling them several times they've refused to offer me any sort of deal. However, today I received an email from them, offering Sky Broadband Unlimited free for a year if I switch my landline to them, so (currently) £18.99pm.

So essentially this:

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-unlimited/

but without the £75 pre-paid mastercard.

I'm quite tempted, better the devil you know etc....
    Stompa
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Stompa wrote: »
    I also have landline with BT and BB with Sky, and despite calling them several times they've refused to offer me any sort of deal. However, today I received an email from them, offering Sky Broadband Unlimited free for a year if I switch my landline to them, so (currently) £18.99pm.

So essentially this:

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-unlimited/

but without the £75 pre-paid mastercard.

I'm quite tempted, better the devil you know etc....
    Personally I'd push for the £75 Master card too, you never know unless you ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure