PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 18 October 2016

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 18 October 2016 at 5:22AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 18 October 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, but air not too chilly, yesterday was lovely sunshine all day, until later when there was a short heavy downpour - we didn't get it at work, but on my way home the roads and paths were really wet but by then the sun was shining again. Big load of washing all line dried, sadly forecast is not so good today, although it's not raining ....... yet.

DH up and gone to work early. DS1 now getting ready for work, DS2 will wake him shortly as he has college today.

Dinner last night was pasta in a creamy tomato sauce, with bacon, chorizo and chicken, breaded chicken portion and a side of mushrooms, all eaten and enjoyed, ice cream for those that wanted some. Tonight hairdresser is coming, as I'm being re-blonded - so it'll be fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg - I have defrosted a portion of fish pie, I'll have that with veg,

Work yesterday was either all or nothing - was very busy in parts. We'll see what happens today.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning folks and thanks for the thread NMLC. It's raining steady away here, It's the first heavy rain we have had in ages, we seem to have been getting away with just mizzly and drizzly days. It still feels mild though.

DS working late shifts all week so I like to send him off with large meal inside him to keep him going until his break at teatime when he has his pack-up. I think I will make a sausage casserole shortly for him and Mr TA to share. And pop a few dumplings in for good measure! I have been doing too much comfort eating myself of late and have decided to try and go back to sensible eating for a while!

DD is going to book all our tickets today for the first day of the pantomime (Peter Pan) at Bradford Alhambra that middle DGD passed the audition for. It's not until the 17th Dec but seats are getting booked up fast - even though it runs for 7 weeks! The poor kids will be worn out by the end of the run. It involves missing a lot of school too because of all the matinees involved.

I must tackle the kitchen and bathroom at some point today. The only rooms that don't have boxes and bags piled up in them, so I have no excuse for neglecting them!

Have a good day and (((HUGS))) to the poorlies, worried or stressed. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Good morning all
    Thank you nmlc for starting us off x
    Last night my DH brought home a super car from work (he works for a large car firm) and we went out for a test drive. Tbh the new supercars are ok but seem to take the fun outta driving with all the safety features. It was unnering when we sat at the roundabout and the engine switched itself off until he pressed the gas pedal again. I am glad he decided he was not that impressed as one its way to much money two I like to be in control of the car not the other way round.
    Work yesterday was as expected . A nightmare. I expect today to be just as bad.
    Cleaned the fish tank yesterday and had a general tidy up.
    DW did not go on last night so will be doing that when I get home
    Dinner last night was fishcakes and chips.tonight will be something with chicken.
    Anyhoo better get on x
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Morning all for the first time in a very long time.
    I've been struggling a bit with life lately (probably peri menopause) so need a wee bit of over the garden fence type chat.

Trying to be more organised to reduce stress levels where possible. Have wasted too much time trying to find a link to a site that someone once linked to on here. It was someone who has a cooking day where she makes stock things for the freezer. Building blocks to make meals from. If anyone knows what I mean, please link to it, and if you're feeling particularly kind, PM it to me please. My brain is not behaving well and I know that I will forget to look here later.
    Have a good day all. Hugs to those who need one.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all, thanks for the thread nmlc x

I am dressed ready for the gym - first time in 10 days due to work and my cold last week. Must make the most of going at this quiet time - not sure I will have the energy once the new job starts. In the charity afterwards to sort out the paperwork from Fridays ceremony.

Dinner last night was basa fish fillets from Aldi with courgette, butternut squash, red pepper and red onion, wrapped in foil, we had jacket potatoes with it. Lovely and light. Tonight will be pork stir fry. I picked up a ys pack of pork strips and sauce in Asda last week so just need to get the veg and noodles today.

Two loads washed and tumbled yesterday as the weather was showery. Will be ironing those later. All school shirts ironed whilst watching SCD the results on catch up. The competition is fierce this year!

Hope to do some cross stitching later - feels like ages since I picked it up.

TA - I love the panto, how exciting for your DGD x
    LWW - sending hugs xx

Have a good day all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,958
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning everyone.

Still dark, rainy and blowy outside. The forecast was good for today but it's not looking too hopeful.

After the insulation men did their job I had to vacuum upstairs as there were lots of bits of stuff everywhere. They actually took some time to draught proof round the edges of the hatch too.

I have no idea what's happening today.

Lonewolf - I think that most new cars have the 'eco' auto stop feature as part of an EU initiative to cut fumes. My car does it too, but not every time as it's linked to the alternator. It's very worrying at first and took me a while to get used to it. That and the electric handbrake. It's progress, so I'm told.

I'm going to watch the sun rise over the sea, even if it is grey and cloudy.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning everyone,

Dry here at the moment and a colourful sunrise but it's meant to be a lot cooler.

Today am picking DM up and heading over the bungalow for her appointment with the Stoma nurse, we are also going to sort out those bits of her jewellery that she wants to bequeath. I ordered some pretty boxes a while back and she will put in a little note stating exactly what it is / where it come from etc.
    She is having problems with swallowing now, spoke to the GP and he said it would be possible to put a stent feeding tube in but to stick to soft foods for the time being, will be re-assessed on Wednesday. I will take some soup and eggs to scramble over with us, it will be cold as had turned heating right down but it doesn't take long to warm up and will bring a cosy blanket as well.
    Plan to make a chicken and apple bake for tea tonight with loads of veg as have lots of the roast bird left, one of my favourite meals :)

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • hester has gone awol (hoping she's ok and just on holiday)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]KitKatMum[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]WelshWanderer[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]:wave:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lainey[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yesterday's forecast showers were a bit more than that so I didn't get any gardening done. It's wet and windy this morning too, so I'll be staying indoors again today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I want to pick the sweetpea pods for seeds for next year, pull the dead plants out of the patio pots and rearrange what's left, and get some weeding done. The housework and decluttering has been done so I can just concentrate on the garden for the next couple of days, and now the weather has ruined my plans :D I've written a little plan - X amount of jobs per week – it's only week one and I'm behind already, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Not sure what to do today now. Will potter about for a while and hopefully inspiration will strike :D
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good Morning chums, and <<hugs>> to lainey and her DM, as a treat how about some tinned custard for your Mum if you don't feel like cooking much.

Busy day today I am hosting the U3A coffee morning this morning then off to a beetle drive this afternoon at a U3A social club meeting ,then tonight its Quiz night at the pub I shall be meeting myself coming back :):):)

Still don't have time to be bored or for that matter go anywhere near the shops so another NSD for me :):) Coffee is free with my Dobbies voucher this morning and the beetle drive is also a freebie with tea and biscuits on tap :) tonight will cost £2.00 but that comes from my entertainment jar and I also get a meal thrown in with it as well :) happy days :):)
    Right must get a wriggle on as I want to get my 'morning mile' done before I go to coffee morning as well :):):)

Have a good day chums

JackieO xx
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Rosie 383 I think you may mean Frugal Queen, she has a blog its easy to find.

Radiators on and the beginnings of a boiler in the airing cupboard, it was not possible to put it where I wanted it, so need to re think the shelves. All rooms have the rads in just need linking up, the electrician should come today to put the electric in and fit the timer etc. Hopefully it will all be finished tonight.

It looks as if we have had rain overnight, OH will not be able to do any gardening so we may nip over to Bingham to Aldi, they have the air fresheners my quilting friend likes we can also put in the library books we have read and OH can get a new ball of string, he has been chewing my ear off for days that he needs more string.

The plumber is here and working on installing the boiler.......he has had his first mug of coffee for the day.

Not sure whats for supper tonight, we plan to go out for afternoon tea today, its an anniversary for us today, in which case we may just have cheese stuffed jacket spuds. I bought a big sack of spuds at Lidl 7.5 kilos for £3.34 and they are good spuds.

Right, OH is standing waiting with his coat on so I guess I had better put my shoes and waterproof on and go.

Bye.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport