Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Good morning all, raining on and off here.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all, raining on and off here.

We have had alot of rain on and off last couple of days
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs wrote: »
    We have had alot of rain on and off last couple of days

We had about half an inch on Friday, but we need a lot more to make a difference.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Just typical, blue skies for weeks and then at the peak of the Perseid meteor shower we get this! For anyone lucky enough to have clear skies tonight - look up!

Oh and kettle's on.......
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Thanks zippy:)

Theres a lot of fruit on 342.....that should work too shouldn't it?

Yes .
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder elaine:T

I've just been looking back at my Quidco history and had a fair few of these declined in the past. I need to double check which retailers haven't been paying out:o
    Morning :wave:

Thought the declined ones were ones u opted into but didnt use :o
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    zippydooda wrote: »
    when did coffee go up to £2.10 in waitrose. it makes it so much easier to get to the magic £10

the coffees in Waitrose have actually gone down in price (as a 'reward' for getting rid of disposable cups)

For example a latte used to be £2.35 but is now £2.10. The others have gone down by a corresponding amount.
  • Anon wrote: »
    Thank you - which free wine please? I have obviously missed something (again :o).

Anon

This was the Majestic Wine Concierge Club :).
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 August 2018 at 11:40PM
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Beauty & Health continued
    2xOral B Complete Mouthwash Alcohol-Free - Fresh Mint (500ml)£2.70x2 Any 2 for £3.00 Unable to find product in M this time.

I have now managed to find this product in M. However, if my stores are anything like representative, I doubt this would now work. It disappeared from many stores over a few weeks leading into July and, by last time (about a month ago), I was unable to find it in my stores. I couldn't confirm whether the 2 for £3 offer was still on, although I suspected it probably would be continuing. I can confirm that the offer in M was still on as of Thursday (9th August), after I eventually found the product in a store with a straight £2.67 price SEL:eek:! Hopeless though, as I won't be able to track it from now on (unless it somehow reappears back at my regular/more regular stores). I was out on a day trip far away (on a very good day of lots of sunshine throughout) and won't be able to visit the relevant M again.

I think it's doubtful now if lots of people's experience is that it is no longer at their M. I actually think this is a lot safer:

Rum Chata Liqueur with Rum (500ml)

Store_2.15px.png
    £15.00 £3.00 / 100ml
    Store_8.15px.png
    £5.00

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

There seems no reason to me why this would not work, unless they have different weight formats (500ml vs 50cl) not married up. As bizarre as it may seem, I actually have more confidence in this than the Oral B mouthwash, due to the mouthwash no longer being readily available for me (was it ever readily available as I occasionally didn't have it somewhere?) but the Rum Chata being all over for me (with only one store, out of ten, having what seems to be an incorrect SEL - I have no idea that it is £5, although online is saying that, as I have not scanned it - although, given that nine stores are all displaying £5...), I would think it more likely to work. However, as ever, no guarantees.

The reason for the disparity in price seems to be that A has nearly doubled in price (from £8 to £15), as it already wasn't 10% cheaper so may as well stay that way, only even more blatantly:rotfl:, whilst M has done gown even further (both A and were at £8), now to £5.

I am now updating last Wednesday, which went into two days on a wider collection. However I missed about three weeks out so now have all of that to catch up with, as well the wider collection itself giving me more items to update, so it will probably take about a week (or possibly more) from now for me to complete the updating. It currently looks like I will be missing out Wednesday 15th and then going out to M for a lesser collection on 22nd, just to keep me up-to-date with most things. I'm unable to go out to the wider stores every time so will have to rely on online again at that time, and may just see a few things in the coming week if I happen to be at M.

As for the day trip (and then the M in the evening on the way back), I certainly happened to pick the one good day of the week, more by luck and eventually plumping for the one day. Just have to bite my lip and go for it! I was checking the weather as it's only now become a little more doubtful and originally the seaside town was forecast to be slightly better that day than where I live. Then it changed to being slightly worse:(. Then I checked the evening before I went and found the seaside had changed to sun, sun, sun, full sun all day whilst mine was now just on sunny intervals:j! I crossed a very brief period, not even five minutes, of drizzle whilst driving on the motorway as I crossed from my area of fair weather underneath a very short strip of cloud and soon out the other end to a very nice, even sunnier day all day.

EDIT: Obviously the liqueur I have for England and Wales only unfortunately as I have no idea of prices in Scotland. I do have some non-alcoholic items such as the Cow & Gate 6x55g pots packs on £1 in M - which I initially thought might be such a good offer (normal offer prices have been £1.50 before) that it might be off within a week - however I see that it is due on until 4th September, according to online, so I shan't rush to them, although I've now mentioned them anyway:cool:.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Making good progress :) xx

url=https://postimages.org/]IMG_20180812_152044.jpg[/url]
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure