Options

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 August 2018 at 6:04PM
    Options
    Hi tel_,

You get a separate letter titled Welcome to Digital Banking. In that letter you get your customer number. Your passnumber is at the bottom of this letter. You have to peel back the plastic tab to reveal your passnumber.

Neither of these will get you into internet banking. I had to wait an extra 2-3 days for the card reader. Once I had that, I could logon, change my pass number to something memorable and set up all the memorable information.

Hope this helps :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • fraz101
    fraz101 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I had same problem

Took me nearly 3 weeks to get set up online.

Needed card reader which they didn't send, I ended up having to go to my local branch for one.

Then I received 3 of them in the post seperately over the space of a week!

It was a bit of a pain in the butt if truth be told
  • tel_
    tel_ Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi tel_,

You get a separate letter titled Welcome to Digital Banking. In that letter you get your customer number. Your passnumber is at the bottom of this letter. You have to peel back the plastic tab to reveal your passnumber.

Neither of these will get you into internet banking. I had to wait an extra 2-3 days for the card reader. Once I had that, I could logon, change my pass number to something memorable and set up all the memorable information.

Hope this helps :)

Oh what joy. I look forward to this 'Welcome to digital banking' letter then (which was not communicated to me in my initial set up email from them), and a possible card reader, (which I don't particularly want). That shows the level of security confidence they have in their website then.

Thanks for the heads-up!
  • tel_
    Options
    I have just read in the paper this evening that Nationwide's first-quarter profits are down 12%.

I am not surprised :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hoping I just have to wait fir the welcome letter, yes it didn't say that during set up. As I'm trying to view a mortgage account I don't have a card so can skip that step.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    tel_ wrote: »
    I have just read in the paper this evening that Nationwide's first-quarter profits are down 12%.

I am not surprised :rotfl:

That's what happens when you have one of the top interest paying CAs and RSs. They'd clearly be much better off offering 1 or 2% like a lot of other lenders ;)

On topic, you can use another card reader if you have one. You don't need to wait for the official NW one.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tel_ wrote: »
    ... and a possible card reader, (which I don't particularly want).

You'll need it to set up external payments to new payees.
  • tel_
    Options
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    You'll need it to set up external payments to new payees.

I'm only going to use the account to take advantage of the 5% £2,500 interest. I won't even use the debit card as I'm still going to use my old banks current account (I'm not switching). However, I do realise I have to set-up the £1,000 going in & out per month.
  • CatLady13
    Options
    Their opening procedure is flawed as so many people have the same issue (they must have numerous calls about the same thing!), however, once opened, I have not had any issues and the 5% is worth it. I downloaded the app and just use that when I want to login, the card and card reader are in a drawer gathering dust (but necessary for performing things such as setting up transfers).
  • tel_
    Options
    CatLady13 wrote: »
    Their opening procedure is flawed as so many people have the same issue (they must have numerous calls about the same thing!), however, once opened, I have not had any issues and the 5% is worth it. I downloaded the app and just use that when I want to login, the card and card reader are in a drawer gathering dust (but necessary for performing things such as setting up transfers).

Many thanks for the info. I will post my ongoing experience with Nationwide on this issue here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure