Investment advice for person panicking about Brexit

Comments

• dunstonh wrote: »
    I am not sure I should quote your comment as you refer to yourself as a duffer and I may offend you by using your words. ;)

Touche - sorry, can't seem to get the acute accent to work.

Don't worry about offending me. If I take offence I'll let you know. On this occasion I thought it best to come clean up front. My amateur-investor ID scale goes (in descending order) duff, duffer, duffest - so I'm improving.
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,802
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Don't worry about offending me. If I take offence I'll let you know..
    Talking about misinterpreting the tone of typed messages, that could be taken as threatening. If you'd sent it to Dunston the Norfolk police might be on their guard; however bowlhead's location - as everything else about him - remains an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    might see him as a little less stellar.

With investment horizons in decades. I wouldn't get overly excited about short term performance. As Warren Buffet quoted "Our favourite holding period is forever".
  • Talking about misinterpreting the tone of typed messages, that could be taken as threatening. If you'd sent it to Dunston the Norfolk police might be on their guard; however bowlhead's location - as everything else about him - remains an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Should have used an emoticon, shouldn't I?

Some of my best friends are in the Norfolk constabulary. If you like I can get them to bring in the national missing persons unit to locate @bowlhead. We can presumably ID him from his haircut.:)
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,802
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We can presumably ID him from his haircut.:)
    Assumptions assumptions. If you wandered the streets of York looking for me you'd be ten years too late.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Forumite
    . If you like I can get them to bring in the national missing persons unit to locate @bowlhead. We can presumably ID him from his haircut.:)

Hopefully they'll disregard the massive bong I carry everywhere...
  • Assumptions assumptions. If you wandered the streets of York looking for me you'd be ten years too late.

It was all I had to go on at the time - unlike the Norfolk police who have had all their toilets stolen - they say they have nothing to go on.
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll disregard the massive bong I carry everywhere...
    They might do if you offer them a smoke as well.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,430
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Assumptions assumptions. If you wandered the streets of York looking for me you'd be ten years too late.
    It was all I had to go on at the time - unlike the Norfolk police who have had all their toilets stolen - they say they have nothing to go on.
    That'll be more like forty years too late!

p039q1kc.jpg
  • Showing your age there (and mine) but you are absolutely right, I did spend some time writing for The Two Ronnies way back when. Shall I also talk about British Rail laying all their tracks end to end?
  • I did spend some time writing for The Two Ronnies way back when.

With a name like 'Terry Towelling', I'm not at all surprised :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure