Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Comments

• ToToTango
    ToToTango Posts: 64 Forumite
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this (apologies if not).

We want to go to Legoland next week and I wanted to pay using my deals vouchers, trouble is i'm £2 short :mad: . I've looked on Ebay and all the ones for sale are for much more than I need or they don't finish in time.

Does anyone know anywhere else that sells them or even swaps them - I have got £7 worth of vouchers to come in the next mailing so I could refund (with interest!) if any kind sole could help.

All suggestions greatly received.
  • Trust_2
    Trust_2 Posts: 369 Forumite
    has it all gone quiet in the stores, no extra points in stationary, it all seems to have dried up.

If anyone sees any extra points please shout!,

I am keen to try and get as many as possible same as everyone else, and looking for all opportunities!
  • you will have to change your clubcard deals into virgin tokens through either by internet on tesco.com or by sending them off to tesco asking to be coverted into either virgin or cosmos, when you have recieved your converted tokens you then either ring virgin/cosmos (whoever you decide to holiday with) and book by telephone direct to company, you will nedd your converted deals in front of you as they will ask for the code on them .... hope this helps! x

Sorry to be abit bonde but can you tell me - do the vouchers have an expiry date once you have them changed up - i.e. if I got them changed now but didn't want go away for 8 months - would I be able to book for a future holiday for next year concerned as have saved up quite a few and some expire early 2009 - would Cosmos want the full payment of the holiday upon booking it ? hope you can help me - thanks
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tesco Clubcard Deals vouchers are usually valid for 6 months.
  • Tesco Clubcard Deals vouchers are usually valid for 6 months.
    Does that mean I would have to take the holiday within 6 months of getting the vouchers ?
    thanks
  • King_Of_Fools
    Does that mean I would have to take the holiday within 6 months of getting the vouchers ?
    thanks
    I do not see why you could not pay for the holiday whenever you want so you would just have to book the holiday and pay using the vouchers within 6 months.
  • I'm thinking of saving all vouchers for a holiday, but not sure what i do, can i save clubcard points with tesco, or save all paper tokens they send me and convert at once, thanks in advance..

New to tesco clubcard deals, have cashed one lot in for food at la tasca but never a holiday..
  • clogau
    clogau Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi
    I would like some of your expert advice,can you tell me your opinions on the tesco christmas club and is it worth joining?:confused:
    80934 Posts: 552 Forumite
    I'm thinking of saving all vouchers for a holiday, but not sure what i do, can i save clubcard points with tesco, or save all paper tokens they send me and convert at once, thanks in advance..

New to tesco clubcard deals, have cashed one lot in for food at la tasca but never a holiday..

The paper vouchers you are sent in the quarterly mailing can be saved for up to 2 years I believe and once converted the deals tokens are valid for 6 months.
    HTH
  • King_Of_Fools
    It is worth working out how many Clubcard vouchers you could convert to holiday Deals before planning on using them for a holiday. You need to convert a significant amount before it becomes worthwhile because you cannot use any other offers.

For example, assume you want to take a £2000 holiday. You can fairly usually get 10% off a holiday using the right method so we can assume that holiday would cost £1800.

If you wanted to use Clubcard vouchers to buy Deals you would need to have enough to compensate for not getting the 10% off. For example, if I had £50 of Clubcard vouchers that I converted to Deals that would get me £200 off the holiday but I would effectively be throwing away £200 worth of Deals! Whereas if I had £250 of Clubcard vouchers that would give me £1000 off the holiday, which would be equivalent to a £800 saving overall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure