Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Comments

• Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2015 at 1:39PM
    Just a note to all those thinking of abandoning EE close to when your contract is up, the below will be useful in deciding when to leave :D

Please remember, do not leave EE in credit. Ensure that you are in debit by as much as possible. Do not Pay EE or chase them till the bandits create a fully correct bill that you are happy with.

Energy firms can't charge exit penalties within 49 days of a fix ending. On a cheap fixed energy deal? You needn't wait to the last day to avoid exit fees as rules state that 49 days before your fix ends, you're allowed to switch without penalty.

Can I also just mention/update in regards to my case with EE:

My complaint/complaints seem to have gone on deaf ears, I have not had any communication from EE in regards to my complaints whatsoever even though their email replies clearly state 10 working days. (very poor)
    I emailed on the 27/03/2015. So, I will go off their website information which is below. If we work on weeks that actually takes us to today>> (4Weeks).

I havent heard from EE to say that they will need longer! (surprise surprise)

"How long does the complaints process take and what to expect…
    We'll aim to get things put right as soon as possible. This will typically take within four weeks, but we’ll contact you if we think it may take longer. Following the review of your case we may take the following action: Provide you with an apology. Give you an explanation of the problem, why it occurred and what we're doing to fix it. Take appropriate action. This could be to put things right for you and also to ensure the same thing doesn’t happen for someone else. There may be some circumstances that we feel it appropriate to award financial compensation. You can download our latest complaints performance report here" << The report isnt there, its vanished!
  • James
    James Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My story is very similar to Gren05's posting #1522. My case is now with the Ombudsman. Will update the Forum on the result.

I only went with EE as they came up on the MSE website as the best buy at the time. Hindsight is a great thing. Hmmmmmm. They've certainly tested my patience.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    gren05 wrote: »
    Please can you tell me how you managed to get your Final Bill & Refund paid?

Who was the helpful manager you dealt with?

I do not want to name names but I eventually went through Twitter and the rep on there was brilliant. I suggest you sign up for Twitter and join EE and then send them a direct message. It worked for me.

Best of luck!
  • Onbudsman
    I must be going loopy? Why can I not find EE on Twitter using the search function?
    I have also tried Extra Energy in google under various formats and it just wont appear?

:eek:
  • MABLE
    Onbudsman wrote: »
    I must be going loopy? Why can I not find EE on Twitter using the search function?
    I have also tried Extra Energy in google under various formats and it just wont appear?

:eek:

Go on to Twitter and type in search button @extra_energyuk and will bring up the company
  • Onbudsman
    MABLE wrote: »
    Go on to Twitter and type in search button @extra_energyuk and will bring up the company

Thanks Mable, one would think they would be called Extra Energy lol.

Why on earth is EE still campaigning for yet more customers when they cant handle what they already have on the books!

That tells me EE could not give a damn and simply are going for the £££.

Same old issues being raised on Twitter too.
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I presume this is your 6 month bill?

If so, I wonder why you have got your 6 month bill before a person who joined a month before you??

So, if this is the case are EE simply picking who will get bills out of thin air as they are obviously not starting from the bottom of the pile!

I've no idea Onbudsman and I've no intention of contacting them to ask :o. I will post after the 10th though.
  • MABLE
    Thanks Mable, one would think they would be called Extra Energy lol.

Remember this is Extra Energy we are talking about!
  • Onbudsman
    rogcal wrote: »
    I just hope for your sake you don't end up being just another creditor when or if they go belly up in the next few months!:(

:rotfl:

Just for menial clarity, do you have anything positive to say in regards to EE rogcal.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :rotfl:

Just for menial clarity, do you have anything positive to say in regards to EE rogcal.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Yes but I don't want to change the habit of a lifetime.:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family