Virgin Media Retention thread

1199200201202203205»

Comments

• andybodoyd
    andybodoyd Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wondered what mood Virgin and retensions are in at moment. Already get £40 off a month loyalty package but not happy with paying £18 a month for Medium broadband when new customers are getting it for £9. Don't want to push my luck.Anyone phoned recently?
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi, I phoned today. Was originally a NTL customer and have been paying £11 for phone and £15 for dial up. I told them I was unhappy as they were offering on their website new customers broadband and phone for £15.50, yet if I tried to upgrade to broadband it was quoting me around £30. They said the £15.50 was not for new customers but was for existing customers too. I pointed out it said on their website for new customers, he then said yes if you book it on the internet. If you phone then it is for existing customers too! I have received various offers via the post over the past few months, none have mentioned £15.50, in fact most offers have been dearer than I was paying! About an hour later I got a phone call saying I could have a free TV box with a £30 installation charge, I said I didn't want TV as I already have SKY TV, he then said the £30 is waived and they'll give me the box and install for free!
    How many people know the £15.50 is for existing customers too I wonder!
  • adamuk73
    adamuk73 Posts: 5 Forumite
    I had the M broadband and M phone package paying £30/mo for it. Phoned about 3 months ago and they said they wouldn't change. I badgered them again (get somone in the UK not India) and got their XL broadband and M phone for the advertised price of £31/mo. So admittedly not saving any money but definitely got better value for money.

Speed test says 9meg (advertised at 24) but there you go.
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    what is the phone number for customer retentions nowadays?
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • Night-owl_6
    Night-owl_6 Posts: 858 Forumite
    It is £60, I just checked.
    Looks like VM dont like cutting your bill down much these days, owell.
    I guess Im stuck with them now, new contract and all.
    Rang them again yesterday, couldnt do anything more to lower my bill, only if I go to bog standard services, not doing that because then theres no point.
    DELETE ACCOUNT.

NO LONGER WANTED

DELETE ACCOUNT

Due to certain users I no longer wish to use this forum
  • tallpault
    tallpault Posts: 14 Forumite
    Hi does anyone know could i cancel with virgin and then sign back up again through quidco and get the 100 quid and virgin 30 quid off as well for 3 services.I am wanting the broadband m,xl and virgin mobile.I am paying 22 quid just now for phone and broadband,but i am wanting to add mobile phone as well.Any help would be much appreciated.
  • andybodoyd wrote: »
    Wondered what mood Virgin and retensions are in at moment. Already get £40 off a month loyalty package but not happy with paying £18 a month for Medium broadband when new customers are getting it for £9. Don't want to push my luck.Anyone phoned recently?

See my post above. They offered to reduce my M broadband to £13.50 but they actually seem to be charging £10. Don't know if they'd do this if you're already getting a £40 discount though.
  • suji
    suji Posts: 32 Forumite
    Hi everyone, this may not be right post to post it here and i did not know where to post it. I have to move my house and there is no cable service in the new area so i had to disconnect VM. I am thinking of moving to Sky can anyone advise me what is the best way to go forward. If the option is only sky then what are the best deals available, i checked and the cheapest i found is £26 incl. Bt line. I also want asian channels. Greatful for advice.
  • I recently phoned virgin to try and get my broadband upgraded but i did not want to pay anymore, (on medium package)
    I ve been a customer for three years after a lot of perstistance got £5 off monthly bill, not what i wanted but better that i poke with a sharp stick.
    Then i phone again cancellations this time and managed to get upgraded broadband for just £1.30 a month.
    So good saving over all.:T
    So just keep trying
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    wazza wrote: »
    what is the phone number for customer retentions nowadays?

Does anyone know which number to ring? I don't have NTL phone so will be using the BT line.
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback