Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here

Comments

• Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Which card gives most points?

Tesco clubcard plus or Tesco Platinum credit card?

Have been reading on another Tesco thread that Clubcard plus gives double points but how many points does Tesco Platinum give in store?

Thanks for any help in clarifying this.
  • Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    waterstar wrote: »
    I've converted clubcard points to "wine club double up vouchers" on two occasions in the last six weeks.

Has anyone else noticed that Tesco appear to have shortened the life of such vouchers?

The original vouchers I received had a "use by" date of almost 3 months and the "How to use" sheet included by tesco with the vouchers referred to "use within 3 months from date of issue".

The second batch I applied for on 9 June were received on 13 June and had a use by date of 27 July.

Also the "How to use" sheet included with the vouchers no longer referred to "use within 3 months from date of issue".

It almost feels as if Tesco are "trying" to make the system as difficult to use as possible, or rather that the customer is not able to receive what they are entitled to??

Have they perhaps recruited someone who formerly worked in the mobile phone "cash back" sector to manage this scheme?? LOL!

How do you convert clubcard points to 'wine club double up vouchers'?
    How does it work. ? Is it just for online shopping?

Thanks.
  • Lucycat
    Lucycat Posts: 219 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Just had to jump in reply (was searching for Legoland and your post came up - haven't posted in ages!) to say that you cannot turn up at Legoland and pay with Deals vouchers.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's one of their few 'Buy In Full' deals, so you have to send off/fill in online the right amount of vouchers ahead of time and then they send you your admission tickets in the post.

If it helps at all there are quite a few 'kids go free' type deals around at the moment if you run a search, and Old El Paso have 3 x £10 off adult admission & 1 x £5 off child admission vouchers in flashed packs.

HTH,

Lucy.
  • hello, wondering if anyone can tell me if use points for mag subscriptions, will mags be sent with free gifts (subscription gifts or issue gifts - ie - issue comes with free notebook or something)? am saving mine for xmas gifts but mag subscriptions seems like top idea for my sisters. thanks x
    Cc debt; £4950 Tesco - £3.37 Boots - £3.94 £2 pot - £0.00 Sealed pot NO40 - £7.87 no spend days jan-3/31 £2 savers = £6
  • 80934 wrote: »
    The paper vouchers you are sent in the quarterly mailing can be saved for up to 2 years I believe and once converted the deals tokens are valid for 6 months.
    HTH

thanks so much, looking forward to pricing holiday with cosmos or virgin.. any suggestions from you holiday hunters.:D
  • Amber07
    Amber07 Posts: 330 Forumite
    Quick question for clubcard experts:

My new clubcard was sent to my old address, I phoned and requested a replacement card, and they sent it out, along with a new booklet of vouchers (£30 worth) My old neighbour forwarded my stuff so I now have two lots.

I am assuming the first lot of vouchers will have been cancelled...but they don't seem to have deducted any of the voucher amounts from my points total, it's still reading 3000+ (a pittance to what some people have collected, I know lol) and there's no way I have collected that many in just the last few weeks (if only)

Anyone know - are they likely to notice and take the points off at a later date?
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. :cheesy:
  • turtlemoose
    turtlemoose Posts: 1,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Looking for advice please! I collect points on both a normal clubcard (with cc) and also clubcard plus (two sets of mailings).

I am saving my tesco vouchers over the next 2 years so I can get enough (or at least a significant contribution towards!) deals for laser eye surgery - I've looked at the T&C for it and it says the clubcard deals vouchers must be in the name of the person who the surgery is for -
    so I just wondered would it matter that they came from two different clubcard accounts, or would it be ok because both sets would have my name on them and are linked to my address?
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi , could somebody answer a question for me please .....

I wanted to order an item from tesco direct website ... and have tried to put in a 1000 extra points code ..... but it wouldn't accept the code . ( It was one that i found on the voucher code "thread" ).
    I then bought a code off of ebay , and the seller posted the till receipt to me .....
    I then tried again to use this on the tesco direct website but it still would not accept the code.
    I purchased the item anyway .... and it's due for delivery in a weeks time.

My question is .... would i be able to ring them and have the extra points added ? .... the receipt does not say that it cannot be transfered to another person ...... and i would be able to send them the receipt... Or is this not a good idea ?
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • keb_10
    keb_10 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    hello, wondering if anyone can tell me if use points for mag subscriptions, will mags be sent with free gifts (subscription gifts or issue gifts - ie - issue comes with free notebook or something)? am saving mine for xmas gifts but mag subscriptions seems like top idea for my sisters. thanks x

Hi,

I got the eve magazine with Clubcard deals and it doesn't come with the freebies. However I got some for my kids (Dr Who, Kick, Craze Club) and they all do so it seems a bit hit or miss.

Hope this helps.
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    hello, wondering if anyone can tell me if use points for mag subscriptions, will mags be sent with free gifts (subscription gifts or issue gifts - ie - issue comes with free notebook or something)? am saving mine for xmas gifts but mag subscriptions seems like top idea for my sisters. thanks x

I use my points for a subscription to Cosmo and don't get any of the free gifts.
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure