IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Armtrac/BW Legal permit fell off

Options
Hello there,
I have received a Claim form as a result of a PCN I received at a block of holiday flats I was staying at in April. I had been staying at the property for 6 days with a valid permit (which I still have) and on the 7th day the permit fell off the dash board and I was ticketed.
I have stupidly ignored it until now and I'm worrying it's too late to get the relevant evidence to support my defence. I read the Newbies information and, as a result, have emailed Armtrac to ask for any photographs or other evidence they may have but I doubt they will get back to me in time for them to be included in my defence.
What should I write on the defence form? Should I just say I had a valid permit and include a copy of it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TheBebbie wrote: »
    Hello there,
    I have received a Claim form as a result of a PCN I received at a block of holiday flats I was staying at in April. I had been staying at the property for 6 days with a valid permit (which I still have) and on the 7th day the permit fell off the dash board and I was ticketed.
    I have stupidly ignored it until now and I'm worrying it's too late to get the relevant evidence to support my defence. I read the Newbies information and, as a result, have emailed Armtrac to ask for any photographs or other evidence they may have but I doubt they will get back to me in time for them to be included in my defence.
    What should I write on the defence form? Should I just say I had a valid permit and include a copy of it?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Is this a claim from Northampton or a letter saying "letter before claim"
  • TheBebbie
    Options
    It's from Northampton. I had the Letter before claim and ignored it :-(
  • beamerguy
    Options
    TheBebbie wrote: »
    It's from Northampton. I had the Letter before claim and ignored it :-(

ok so what are the clowns claiming for ?? a breakdown please
  • TheBebbie
    Options
    Original PCN said 'no permit' but I have the original permit

The Claim Form says...

'The Claimant's Claim is for the sum of £104.30 being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of a PCN for a parking contravention... (details of date and place etc.) The defendant was allowed 28 days from the PCN issue date to pay but failed to do so. Despite demand having been made, the Defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability. The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum (a daily rate of £0.02 from 19/04/2019 to 19/11/2019 being an amount of £4.30. The claimant also claims £60.00 contractual costs as set out in the T and Cs.'
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to answer Keithp's question as well as read the guide to court in post 2 of the NEWBIES written by bargepole.

You should also read beamerguy's "abuse of process" thread and ask the court to throw out your claim just like other judges have done where a fake add on charge of £60 has been included. Note particularly the comments by Coupon-mad in post 14 of that thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    Options
    I hope you have read the abuse of process thread
    Abuse of Process ... District Judge tells BWLegal
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

You will find the full defence in post #14 by coupon-mad

This happened in the Southampton court and BWLegal appealed.
    The case was heard on the 11th November to which BWL presented a barrister. THEY LOST THE APPEAL

Coupon-mad spanked BWL

Because of the rulings of this court and others, you should now issue a severe complaint to the SRA about the scam £60 add-on
    https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems.page
  • TheBebbie
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    What is the Issue Date on your County Court Claim Form?

It was issued on 20th November. I have acknowledged the claim so I get 28 days from 25th November right?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm worrying it's too late to get the relevant evidence to support my defence. I read the Newbies information and, as a result, have emailed Armtrac to ask for any photographs or other evidence they may have but I doubt they will get back to me in time for them to be included in my defence.
    That's fine, most people don't get their SAR back before defence time. It's something you can address later in your WS & evidence you must submit to the local court before the hearing.

As for defence, search Armtrac fluttering ticket defence & just adapt/copy one!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TheBebbie
    Options
    Thank you. I'll have a look at all of that.
    Does that mean I can just dispute the £60 or that I can ask for the whole thing to be thrown out? Should I put the fact that I had a valid permit in the defense at all?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure