The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Employment & Jobseeking USEFUL LINKS

Comments

• tasha0018 wrote: »
    Hi all, I need some help, PLEASE. I am looking to work from home, anyone know of any jobs out there?

Thank you guys for all your help. ( In advance)

ODESK is a great place for home based work :beer:
  • I have being looking for a job for last 6 months. I went for an interview 2 months ago. Last week got a call from the agency. They ask me to come to the office for training.
    I don't if I have a a job or not. They informed me, that, They will let me know soon.

What are the odds of getting this job? This is doing my head in.
    I am ex B T Customer Service Engineer.

Any advice will help.
  • fiona.uk
    fiona.uk Posts: 5 Forumite
    what is the best link for job searching site for administration?
  • zaffyro
    zaffyro Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thanks for the useful info. With the job outlook in the country considered as worst in the last 20 years, these links are worth revisiting by job hunters so that they get a fresh and new perspective. :T
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Not sure if this will help but....

Have recently placed adverts on Reed Employment's website for AVON reps and it seems that in order to register on their website i.e. to apply for a job, you need to have a CV so they offer a free CV template (least I think so). Worth checking out.

Good luck.

I can confirm that you do not need to have a CV, in order to register with reed's employment website. I have registered today, without one, as I will upload it later once it has been updated.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • hi - my 19year is struggling in interviews - hes nervous!! anyone know of sites or online training that would help - job centre rubbish!!
    techniques and online course to improve technical and confidence would help

thanks
  • andy2004
    andy2004 Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    shame on that list theres NO COMPLAINTS forms you can fill out.
  • Yes be careful about signing up to work from home schemes where they ask for payment up front. I was caught a year ago and lost out on £150 - turned out it was sort of a pyramid scheme and I never got my money back or made any money. Hope that helps.
  • Free legal advice - www. lawshoponline. com

they have alot of information online but also offer a free 30 minute consultation which is a bargin considering most solicitors charge £130 an hour!! they also offer a number of fixed fee packages for things like divorce/conveyancing/name change/debt recovery/wills! much cheaper option than paying by the hour - they are all professionals as well - no children in call centres!!
  • GMbabies
    GMbabies Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    If you are on JSA, know your rights!
    Don't let DWP staff bully you into something you don't have to.

www. consent.me.uk
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure