Fibromyalgia (part 2)

Starting a fresh thread as promised.

Thank you
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Thank you Soolin.
    A bright shiny new thread everyone!
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • i am glad to see a shiny new thread, i noticed the other one was locked and was worried it had gone forever more. Thanks soolin :)

yeah careful i had a good time, going to be there again the next couple of weeks, decided not to try driving in todays snow so hoping it does turn to sleet overnight as bbc says it will and i can drive safely down the m1 tomorrow. i dont trust melting snow which leads to black ice and idiot motorway drivers so didnt go today after all. after i get there it can snow all it wants until i want to come home again.

and i do want to say that i have found everyone in here to be very welcoming and friendly, and have never felt like i shouldnt or couldnt be here even though i dont have fibro, so thank you all of you for making me feel comfortable being here.
  • suep
    suep Posts: 782 Forumite
    oooooo its lovely in here, all shiny and new. Thanks soolin

I was just about to answer your post cwta My hair is now a lovely reddish brown but in the past it has been lots of different colours including a lovely blue in my punk days :D that was a long long time ago though. My normal colour is light brown with a sprinkle of silver :rolleyes: at the salon dd works in their not aloud to call it grey :rotfl: Her backs still bad, but she's hoping to start work again on Friday, but she's seeing the chiro again tomorrow and her boss has said he doesnt want her back until she's 100%, I hope shes ok to go back, she's sooooo bored and is starting to get annoying.

I hope you get some lovely pics tomorrow, but be careful out there, its cold and slippery, Im not budging until it warms up ;)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    Terry Pratchett ( Hogfather)
  • raeh
    raeh Posts: 2,575 Forumite
    Hello everyone :D oops cant rememebr anything to reply to now as its all in the other thread :o all i will say is im sure we have been very friendly and welcoming to everyone apart from people that seem to deliberately try and cause an unsettled feeling!

i decided to take the car out this morning as the main roads appeared clear which wasnt a good idea by end of school:rolleyes: i had to stay all day as lots of staff had to leave early as they dont live locally and were afraid they wouldnt get home! By the time i left at half 3 it was covered everywhere and i almost had an accident on the drive :eek: it slopes downwards and even though i had stopped and put the handbrake on the car continued on its way and i only managed to stop it about an inch from the garage door!!! my neighbour helped me to clear the snow behind the wheels and we got some grit salt from a local bin and i managed to pull it back a couple of feet, tomorrow im walking ;) we wont know intil the morning though if we are to close school :rolleyes: but i will have to be there anyway if we close in case children arrive and need to be sent back home! we have about 6 inches of snow now and its still snowing :D ds1 is out with friends on the local golf course with sledges but ds2 decided it was too cold lol, hes nesh like his mum ;)

i hope everyone who hasnt been as well as they could be recently is feeling better soon and that the grey clouds blow away very soon xxxx
    2009-£7500 2010 £10800 2011 £2000

Thank you to everyone who posts comps xxx
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Shiny new thread...

My feet are cold and wet. Grr! Had to go out in the snow. But it's okay, the stuff I had to post cost a lot less than I expected and my doctor has given me new meds to try. Pregabalin (Lyrica) and dihydrocodeine, this time, so we'll see how that goes. Not asking for medication advice, but any of you want to let me know side-effects to look out for with these two?
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Hi folks

Just a quickie for now as I'm still catching up from the old thread (when I saw it had been locked I freaked a bit -it only took me about 4 pages to see it), and then I saw that folks had been asking after me and were getting a bit worried about me.

Sorry, didn't mean to worrit anyone. Started off with internet problems, and I had to wait for a while for Techno Sprog to sort it - it actually involved a spot of re-cabling in the end. The advantage of having a T/S in the house is that he's more than capable of doing these things. The disadvantage of having a T/S in the house is that he's frequently not here or too busy to do these things.

I had intended coming back last week, but I'm afraid a bit of R/L caught up with me which delayed my return.

Right - back to finish the old thread (good grief! you lot have done a lot of talking in the last couple of weeks!) ;) Oh well, at least it's knocked me out of the top 5 for posting on the fibro thread. :p
    s/e
  • Nesh? Bleedin Nesh??!! Raeh, what on earth is that?
    Is it like me being a soft Southerner - born in County Durham, but exhiled here in the SW?

The car thing musta been scary. I had a driving lesson in the snow once and we parked on a hill ut continued to slide backwards down it. Taught me to angle the wheels into the kerb whenever I park and that's something that has stayed with me.
    Only a very light sprinkling of snow has stayed here and it isn't actively added to it for a few hours. I wish I had 6 inches :D It's been a while :p

I so wanna see punk photos Sue :D
  • suep
    suep Posts: 782 Forumite
    Welcome back s-e, it's nice to hear from you again, I hope you catch up soon.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    Terry Pratchett ( Hogfather)
  • s/e! Welcome back sweetie. :j :j :T :T
    If you're reading the old thread, it wasn't me, it was bz :whistle:

Big hugs to you.
  • s/e! Welcome back sweetie. :j :j :T :T
    If you're reading the old thread, it wasn't me, it was bz :whistle:

Big hugs to you.
    Snork! Course it was, Auntie Axe. Course it was. ;)

Still trying to catch up.

Thanks Sue for your welcome.
    s/e
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills