PIP Reviews

Options
Has anyone received backdated payments because of the changes made to PIP with regards to mental health issues?

A while ago I read they would be reviewing all PIP claims and paying out money to those who are entitled to more money but never received it in the first place.

Ive not heard anything as of yet and was wondering if I should contact PIP?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 December 2019 at 9:49PM
    Options
    Has anyone received backdated payments because of the changes made to PIP with regards to mental health issues?

A while ago I read they would be reviewing all PIP claims and paying out money to those who are entitled to more money but never received it in the first place.

Ive not heard anything as of yet and was wondering if I should contact PIP?
    I've heard of very few people receiving back dated money because of the changes to following and planning a journey.

They are in the process of looking at claims that had a decision on or after 28th November 2016. Once they've looked at your claim they will send a decision letter to you. If the decision on your claim was made before that date then your claim won't be looked at again.

There's no need to contact them and no re-assessment is needed. As you can imagine backlogs are huge so it will very likely take quite some time to go through all those claims.

Edited to add, you asked the same question in August this year here. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6037972

The advice is going to remain the same regardless of how many time you ask the same question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure