US Preclearance At Dublin Airport - Worth it?

2»

Comments

• RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Parking is a nuisance though.

Really? I've done the "parking on site" thing a couple of times, the "offsite with shuttle bus" and "hotel with overnight stay"...
    None of them are any more nuisance than parking normally is.

The onsite parking is pretty similar to parking in the main stay at Aldergrove.
  • joefizz
    joefizz Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, flew from Belfast once and was in the immigration queue for almost 3 hours! I had forgotten what it was like flying into the US from the UK!
    As with others have parked in dublin and got the shuttle, stayed overnight in hotel and got free parking for a period or like next month, just getting the bus down from glengall street.

Surprised its more expensive than via heathrow, last time I flew via heathrow it needed an overnight stay.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    RikM wrote: »
    Really? I've done the "parking on site" thing a couple of times, the "offsite with shuttle bus" and "hotel with overnight stay"...
    None of them are any more nuisance than parking normally is.

The onsite parking is pretty similar to parking in the main stay at Aldergrove.

Of course it’s fine if you’ve got a bit of extra time. I always use holiday blue no matter how short a time I’m away. Those buses are a good service but you’d better not run into problems. Last week I was talking to someone on that bus who’d stepped off at the terminal and realized her driving licence was still in the car. Going back out to get the bus back to the park and then return took 45 minutes.
    Nothing like the little regional airports for parking convenience - knock, cork and Sligo and waterford when they were still going. You park almost at the door. It’s an arm and a leg if you do that at Dublin.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    Of course it’s fine if you’ve got a bit of extra time. I always use holiday blue no matter how short a time I’m away. Those buses are a good service but you’d better not run into problems. Last week I was talking to someone on that bus who’d stepped off at the terminal and realized her driving licence was still in the car. Going back out to get the bus back to the park and then return took 45 minutes.
    Nothing like the little regional airports for parking convenience - knock, cork and Sligo and waterford when they were still going. You park almost at the door. It’s an arm and a leg if you do that at Dublin.

Depends on how you define it...
    1 week in August - onsite is currently quoting 89 Eur, while offsite is 55 or 46 Eur... What's the cost of convenience?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure