Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My wife wants a new hoover so need to get another £200 out of them as we each have 4 codes left.

We are thinking of opening new Santander Everyday bank accounts to transfer into our Joint 123 account.

Has anyone both done this and received the Amazon e-vouchers?

Alex
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Second giftcard received just now for me and Mrs Anon as referee but not referrer yet - claim submitted 1/4.

Oddly the subject is my name but email says "Dear Mrs Anon", and hers has her name in the subject but says "Dear Mr Anon" ��.
  • Anon
    Alexland wrote: »
    My wife wants a new hoover so need to get another £200 out of them as we each have 4 codes left.

We are thinking of opening new Santander Everyday bank accounts to transfer into our Joint 123 account.

Has anyone both done this and received the Amazon e-vouchers?

Alex

You can't transfer a Santander account to Santander - it needs to be an external account.
  • Alexland
    Anon wrote: »
    You can't transfer a Santander account to Santander - it needs to be an external account.

Aah yes thanks it's actually on the main page in a big font!

Ok we will waste the time of another bank.

Alex
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    topcat105 wrote: »
    If you log in to your Amazon account there's an option in 'my account' to redeem gift vouchers.
    Then you enter the voucher numbers and they get added to your gift card balance without actually redeeming them.
    Then when you buy something it's deducted from your gift card balance.

If I add it to my account then it is redeemed, I cannot then give the code to someone else to use on their account.
    Some retailers let you check the value and expiry of the code without allocating it to an account.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    topcat105 wrote: »
    If you log in to your Amazon account there's an option in 'my account' to redeem gift vouchers.
    Then you enter the voucher numbers and they get added to your gift card balance without actually redeeming them.
    Then when you buy something it's deducted from your gift card balance.
    Once the code is added to your gift card, you have redeemed the voucher. It cannot then be added to somebody else's gift card.
  • Anon
    edited 12 April 2019 at 2:12PM
    Third code received as referee (I think this claim was Tuesday 9/4 if they are processing in order) - again an error with my name in the subject and Dear Mrs Anon in the body of the message. I am 99% sure I entered the details correctly when I claimed.
  • Alexland
    They incorrectly addressed me Mrs too. All sounds very hand cranked on their side
  • Anon
    It is not that much of an issue when it is just me and Mrs Anon, however, if I had wanted to refer someone on a forum anonymously (yes I know, how is that a friend :D, but some of us do sometime share opportunities with online friends on here :A), then technically this is a potential data breach - as you are not the intended recipient stated in the email?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    I received 5 vouchers today, so far.

One I can't match for certain yet. If it's for 25/03 claim I've got upto & inc 29/03 ... All my other claims are April dated...

...less one bounced from alleged claim 01/03. AFAIK no decline notification to switcher and for sure none to referrer.

All vouchers to my outlook email went to 'junk' again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure