Gift card marketplace Zeek warns it's looking for a buyer - MSE N

Options
Online gift card marketplace Zeek has confirmed it's looking for a buyer, as some users complain they haven't received payments for gift cards they've sold - with some claiming to be hundreds of pounds out of pocket...
Read the full story:
'Gift card marketplace Zeek warns it's looking for a buyer as users complain of late payments'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• djjdsp
    djjdsp Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I am extremely gutted - i have been using a service and have been collecting my vouchers in Zeek -
    I currently have a balance of £40 in my "Wallet" and proceeded to order another 3 x £10 Zeek vouchers -

No idea if this will ever come through - Not sure what to do?
  • krakan
    krakan Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    You don't have a whole lot of options I'm afraid. For what it's worth I know people who are looking at a loss of rather more than £70...
  • djjdsp
    djjdsp Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    What do you think the likelihood is of this company never returning?

i am trying to be optimistic in the hope they will be bought out and potentially pay out what they owe!
  • krakan
    krakan Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Zero. They owe me four figures. They owe their creditors millions. Even if someone were to take over, I honestly doubt it would be as a going concern, they'd let them hit the wall and buy them out of receivership (Or whatever the equivalent process is in Israel) with a clean slates and no debt. It's morally questionable, but who would deliberately saddle themselves with millions of debt? There's the not insignificant point that if they do go under owing people money then the name Zeek is dirt anyway and therefore there'd be no value in the brand anyway.
  • charlie12
    charlie12 Posts: 1,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did given the extensive fraud prevalent in the gift card trading world.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Now, when I try to buy anything with my credit on my Zeek account, I get "purchase failed"
    Same for others?
    As it says in the article:

"Zeek Mobile Ltd (an Israeli business) is currently working through a process with its major creditor Viola. Part of this process will be to secure a buyer for the business short term. Transactions on the marketplace and shop have been temporarily paused while we resolve this issue over the coming days."
  • nick6969
    Options
    Funny how the site let me enter 3 codes today I got from Cashback sites in place of cash. Then when try to buy, get the Purchase Failed message. Shameful! Should be a big notice on their homepage advising of the situation. Shameful!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JDPower wrote: »
    As it says in the article:

"Zeek Mobile Ltd (an Israeli business) is currently working through a process with its major creditor Viola. Part of this process will be to secure a buyer for the business short term. Transactions on the marketplace and shop have been temporarily paused while we resolve this issue over the coming days."
    nick6969 wrote: »
    Funny how the site let me enter 3 codes today I got from Cashback sites in place of cash. Then when try to buy, get the Purchase Failed message. Shameful! Should be a big notice on their homepage advising of the situation. Shameful!

See above, transactions have been paused.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • nick6969
    Options
    I know (now). If they were being decent, then they would have a big notice on the home page and wouldn't be letting transactions take place that put money into their coffers at the same time as stopping any money from leaving their coffers (people spending credit on account). Shameful!
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2019 at 2:37AM
    Options
    The problem is, this was a failed site from day 1. I have no sympathy for the site or the users. If you get a gift card, spend it. Don't sit there and say you could not buy anything. Good riddance to this skanky and unnecessary website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure