IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Old PCN! Help

Comments

• Firstly I wasn!!!8217;t condemning anybody? I was merely saying this isn!!!8217;t what I posted on here about, and to assume this was a healthy pregnancy isn!!!8217;t right? Not everybody has a healthy pregnancy unfortunately. To bring up about planning a funeral, where did that come from?

I have now searched the forum for QDR and now assume after what I!!!8217;ve read I should continue to ignore? and not even bother with the robust reply to which somebody called Daisy if I am correct has made a template on.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You haven't had a letter before action so no response is needed. If you get a letter before claim you need to respond.
  • I can also confirm the signs were unreadable in the size of their font. I actually returned to the same place after I received the first letter to look for signs because they are so unclear and pulled up nearly next to them and had to still zoom in on my phone camera to even be able to read what they said.
  • Thank you Waamo. I will continue to ignore these until I receive a letter before action them.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I didn't raise the issue of pregnancy. As any regular will tell you - after more than 5 years of daily contribution to this forum - I have never raised any of my personal issues here.

You mentioned pregnancy, not me! And even with what I've said so far, you will never know the half of what I've had to deal with. Parking charges are insignificant!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • All I said was I could do without the stress? I never mentioned Potters syndrome or planning funerals before you did but okay?
    I!!!8217;m sorry to offend but I don!!!8217;t wish to know anybody!!!8217;s personal life, I!!!8217;ve literally come on here for advice about parking.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    HJE2018 wrote: »
    All I said was I could do without the stress? I never mentioned Potters syndrome or planning funerals before you did but okay?
    I!!!8217;m sorry to offend but I don!!!8217;t wish to know anybody!!!8217;s personal life, I!!!8217;ve literally come on here for advice about parking.

Nor do we wish to know anyone's very personal circumstances - but you first mentioned pregnancy, not me. As if it was a particularly special circumstance.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • A very personal circumstance is mentioning a syndrome with is closer to home to some people than you may think. And you seem to have taken offence to just me saying I was 7 months pregnant and could do without the stress of dealing with threatening letters through the post from solicitors, which may I add may seem funny so someone like you who sees these things on a daily basis from people on here asking for advise but for someone else it is actually quite frightening having solicitors letters and the mention of a CCJ.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think you need to stop digging, stop mentioning this. Can we move on?

Stop reading old threads that have not been updated for years. You mentioned the ancient and out of date thread by zzzLazy Daisy from 2013, which is far too old to base a response to a LBC on.

The NEWBIES thread has the current advice and is edited almost every month. Post #2 mentions LBC stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2018 at 12:59PM
    What you can do, which will be helpful to everyone, is watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most forceful terms to you MP.

Demanding over £200 fir parking for less than 10 minutes is clearly a scam, even if you were in breach of a contract. The Law does not concern itself with trifles and this may well be a trifle.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure