AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion

Comments

• melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,250
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I just wanted to enquire if Auto Aid have now put a freephone number in place for emergency call outs.

I only have a PAYG mobile phone and sometimes the credit is just a couple of pounds, so I really can't be waiting on hold for ages. I have been with them for the past few years, but thankfully haven't had to get them out yet. However, I did try to phone them once when my OH couldn't get the wheel off his car to put the spare on, but just couldn't wait to actually speak to someone.

Presumably some of the breakdown insurance services have free telephone numbers don't they?
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,683
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 27 January 2016 at 8:19PM
    Had it for years.

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/about_us/contact_us.php
    In case you need help arranging your assistance, call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
    Free-phone 0800 328 4439
    Local call 01277 720 700
    Minicom 0800 174 647
    01277 725 501
    Text messaging 07786 204 387 (for deaf and hard of hearing members only)
  • melbury
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »

Thank you for that. Is it definitely free to call 0800 328 4439 from a mobile?

On my policy schedule it says:

Breakdown telephone number: 01277 720700, no mention whatsoever of a free number:mad:

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    0800 numbers are free from mobiles
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    melbury wrote: »

Breakdown telephone number: 01277 720700, no mention whatsoever of a free number:mad:
    From their contact us page:

In case you need help arranging your assistance, call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
    Free-phone
    0800 328 4439
    Local call
    01277 720 700
  • melbury
    Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    From their contact us page:

Free-phone
    0800 328 4439
    Local call
    01277 720 700

Thank you, that is good news. Guess I will stay with them then, was about to start considering AA and RAC.

• We needed their help after a tyre deflation on the M5. They turned up in 15 mins -sooner than the quote. Took us to a local tyre depot (a 7 seat Touran doesn't have any form of spare) and when happy that they could sort us out, said goodbye - no need to pay anything! OTHER THAN THE COST OF THE TYRE OF COURSE.
  • toshkininny
    toshkininny Posts: 1,189
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We aren't married but have lived together for a long time plus kids. So, any point me trying to get breakdown cover with them? It questions the difference in our surnameonline , so just wondering if I just changed my name to his that they won't care?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,683
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Your risk to take but if they find out and cancel the policy it may come under that good old "have you ever had an insurance policy cancelled" cover all question :eek:
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I have been with Autoaid for several years and they have been great, however I renewed with them in May and the experience was terrible.

After many years of not needing them, I had to call them twice in the past year, first for a dud battery, then a starter motor problem. They were incredibly helpful.

However the renewal process was dire. They wanted me to pay by cheque, but I no longer had a chequebook so tried to renew online. That never recognised my account number and wouldn't allow renewal. So I called, and called, and called. In total spent over two hours trying to get through. No answer. I even tried calling the breakdown number, they were great but unable to get through.

In the end I had to buy a new policy, which was a couple of pounds more expensive as I needed to renew cover(this had been going on for a couple of weeks and was running out of time).

Disappointed with news of the company who has taken over. Will probably not renew next year, too much hassle and no guarantee of same quality of service going forward.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback