Goodbye Mortgage - the beginning of the end!

Options

Comments

• BlueMoo
    BlueMoo Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options

Have overspent on the food budget again :(.
    Still got a few days to by for so need to try and be as frugal as possible

I love the Grocery Challenge thread (found in stickys at the top of the OldStyle Fourm) - it really helps keep me on track, and there are tons of great ideas.

Agree that you should just list them for what you want - if no one bids then you haven't lost anything IYSWIM?
    M3 Dec2015 #160 Target £150,000 (BU £155000)
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that BlueMoo - I've just signed up to the February grocery challenge! My budget is £300, which (embarrassingly) I struggle to stick to. Fingers crossed it will keep me on track and stop my overspending, especially in the first half of the month. :D
  • Pearla*Merle
    Options
    Ooh, that's handy to know about the amazon trading, I might have a look into that. :)

Well done on the bingo win :T
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Will report back about how they are with the games - some had a few marks on so hoping they'll accept them okay.

Had forgotten about the £5 OP standing order I had set up which went through today. Have already submitted my total for Jan for will just start Feb with it.

Just realised I missed the £5 off £40 at aldi voucher as it was last week instead of this week :(
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Amazon received our games, of the 16 they rejected 4 because apparently they were not the right ones. No idea why as they were the right titles for the right console, and they were the ones worth the most, but they said they're returning them so I don't mind as long as they get back safely. They also upgraded the condition of all the others to like new which was great so we still got just over £15.

Made Weetabix brownies from the OS board today, very nice but not too healthy when you want to eat the whole batch :rotfl:

43p withdrawn from Q Mee, moved to savings - every little helps!
  • BlueMoo
    BlueMoo Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that BlueMoo - I've just signed up to the February grocery challenge! My budget is £300, which (embarrassingly) I struggle to stick to. Fingers crossed it will keep me on track and stop my overspending, especially in the first half of the month.

Don't be embarrassed at all! Maybe you might find it easier with a weekly budget - I know some on the GC have reported success with this
    M3 Dec2015 #160 Target £150,000 (BU £155000)
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Thanks BlueMoo. Fingers crossed!

I've done a 'big' shop this week with most of the irregular purchases - cleaning things, some toiletries etc. I will need more things for dinners later on in the week but shouldn't be too much.

Aldi have blueberries in their super 6 which worked out very well as I'm making more breakfast muffins. Best recipe I've found in a while, making a full batch so freezing some - hopefully they'll defrost ok.

Making frittata tomorrow which should last 4 lunches next week, with homemade coleslaw. The hens are still laying well so only cost around £3 for the other ingredients.

Paid for half of the new hallway flooring, the rest is due before fitting so have another pay day before I have to worry about it. Have also bought some things for the house - new bathroom fan, new outside lights, paint for the hall/bedroom (£25.98 each or 2 for £25 - can't figure that one out!)

Amazon sent our games back safe and sound, and quickly too. Still no idea why they said they were the wrong ones as they are exactly the right titles. Am going to price them up for one of the other resale sites.

Still haven't got round to eBaying items. It's on the list!!

Had thai green curry tonight, used up some paste in the cupboard that I bought while on offer - was nice enough.

The oven door handle fell off yesterday, which prompted me to look for a new one (oven, not handle :p). Have decided I would love to save up for a nice Neff oven. Ours is cheap and quite basic, and I cook lots so I'm going to start an oven fund and stick any spare in there... I can dream! Handle shall be glued until then!
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    Beckyy wrote: »
    Amazon received our games, of the 16 they rejected 4 because apparently they were not the right ones. No idea why as they were the right titles for the right console, and they were the ones worth the most, but they said they're returning them so I don't mind as long as they get back safely. They also upgraded the condition of all the others to like new which was great so we still got just over £15.

:wave:

Hi Beckyy, I've found this with the A trade-in too but with the books. Sometimes the ISBN number I put in doesn't bring up the same pic of the book I have although the author / title / edition etc matches the book. To start with I always sent the book in anyway but they would reject them if the cover is different to the one they have for that ISBN ... it seems that A do judge a book by its cover :( I guess that some editions / versions are more popular, it's possible that this applies to games too?

Good result on getting the others upgraded though, I didn't know they did that!
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • Beckyy
    edited 3 February 2014 at 9:29AM
    Options
    Thank you Habibiboo! I was only searching by titles so it's quite likely that the number could have been different, may have to figure out which one they use and check if they'll accept them again!

£209 OP'd for February's. I'd already had £5 gone through so £5 above this months target. Current balance: £94,648.89

We currently owe our savings £947.82 from the new door, home improvements etc. Once we've paid that back we can start on the 2014 savings target (and the new oven fund :p)

Raised a claim for a 2nd bingo cashback which hasn't tracked. £15 for depositing £5, didn't win this time though :(

I left myself some spending money for the month, as this was my downfall before. I've booked a haircut which will come out of it and have to get OH a card and little something for Valentines day, which will leave me with about £10 :cool:
  • Beckyy
    Options
    £11.09 is our current daily interest! :eek:

Still owe £912.82 to savings before we can start the 2014 savings pot properly.

£20 Quidco cashback and 2 x £5 reward payments added back in.

The £32 cashback from the bingo I did 10 days ago has been confirmed already! Should be paid in the next week so will add it back in as soon as it's through.

Made chilli con carne yesterday for tonight (think it's always better the next day?) so making rice pudding tonight. I don't remember ever making it before, and on the rare occassions I do buy it the ready made stuff is a let down. Fingers crossed it will be tasty, sure it will considering the amount of fat that will be in it :p

Ahem... still not sorted the eBay items. Must. Get. It. Done...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure