ESA Health Assessment home visit?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kinzey
    Kinzey Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alice, Thank you for the links they look quite helpful :)
    Will it be worth it if i used notes from my last court hearing , like paperwork from CAB and my results?
    As i used a lot of this to help me with the capability for work assessment form. But now they have sent me for the appointment, i fear now the notes arent gonna help me otherwise they wouldnt have sent me for a medical.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Kinzey wrote: »
    Alice, Thank you for the links they look quite helpful :)
    Will it be worth it if i used notes from my last court hearing , like paperwork from CAB and my results?
    As i used a lot of this to help me with the capability for work assessment form. But now they have sent me for the appointment, i fear now the notes arent gonna help me otherwise they wouldnt have sent me for a medical.
    Do you mean use them as evidence? Did you send in evidence? If you didn't then this will mostly likely be why they're sending you for the assessment. It will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.
  • Kinzey
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Do you mean use them as evidence? Did you send in evidence? If you didn't then this will mostly likely be why they're sending you for the assessment. It will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Use them as notes for myself in the assessment incase i forget what to say. No i didnt send in evidence. I'm guessing i will have to provide proof of medication etc at the assessment.

I enquired a bit more about the home visit with CAB and they said that as long as i'm not within 19 minutes from the centre and have certain illnesses/disabilties then i could apply for it along with doctors letter.
    so i phoned health assessment advisory service and the guy wasnt very helpful and said oh you only live 5 mins away from the centre. Which is really not the point.

I'm also worried about what i am to do if i do fail the assessment . what can i claim during mandatory consideration. I really couldnt cope with going to the jobcentre hense REG 35.
    thank you
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Will it be worth it if i used notes from my last court hearing , like paperwork from CAB and my results?"

Was this an ESA appeal the CAB helped you with? Did the tribunal decide you should be in the SG?
    In which case yes it would be worth taking a copy of the Tribunal Service decision notice, and the CAB submission. Particularly if your condition (and abilities) have not improved.
    Take copies to give to the assessor.

"I'm also worried about what i am to do if i do fail the assessment . what can i claim during mandatory consideration."
    Try not to worry.
    It would be very unusual to go from SG to being found fit for work if your condition is unchanged.

Concentrate on getting notes / documents together for the assessment.

If you need help afterwards come back on the forum.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Kinzey
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    "Will it be worth it if i used notes from my last court hearing , like paperwork from CAB and my results?"

Was this an ESA appeal the CAB helped you with? Did the tribunal decide you should be in the SG?
    In which case yes it would be worth taking a copy of the Tribunal Service decision notice, and the CAB submission. Particularly if your condition (and abilities) have not improved.
    Take copies to give to the assessor.

"I'm also worried about what i am to do if i do fail the assessment . what can i claim during mandatory consideration."
    Try not to worry.
    It would be very unusual to go from SG to being found fit for work if your condition is unchanged.

Concentrate on getting notes / documents together for the assessment.

If you need help afterwards come back on the forum.

yep the CAB helped me with the appeal and someone from CAB came along with me to the tribunal and my dad was able to come along. I wouldnt have been able to have gone on my own.
    I got results on the same day as the hearing and they decided i should be in SG.
    Right i might have to make copies then from somewhere. or can the Assessor just make copies theirself? thank you for this you have been so helpful :)
  • poppy12345
    Options
    or can the Assessor just make copies theirself?
    No, you will need to make sure you get the copies yourself. The assessor will not be able to do this because of the home assessment. They would most likely refuse to make copies where ever the assessment was. It has been known for them to refuse to take any evidence on the day of the assessment, it happened to me more than once. Hopefully that won't be the case for you.
  • Kinzey
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    No, you will need to make sure you get the copies yourself. The assessor will not be able to do this because of the home assessment. They would most likely refuse to make copies where ever the assessment was. It has been known for them to refuse to take any evidence on the day of the assessment, it happened to me more than once. Hopefully that won't be the case for you.

Thats true. But why would they refuse to take evidence on the day of assessment? maybe if they do that i could mention that in the mandatory reconsideration.

Another thing i forgot to say of why i am a bit scared of the assessment. The last one i had she lied in my report.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Thats true. But why would they refuse to take evidence on the day of assessment? maybe if they do that i could mention that in the mandatory reconsideration.

Another thing i forgot to say of why i am a bit scared of the assessment. The last one i had she lied in my report.
    I have no idea why they sometimes refuse, but it happens a lot. Yes, there's nothing stopping you mentioning it in a MR, if you get that far.

Yes, you always hear of the lies they tell in peoples assessment report. There's also a lot of people that have good, honest reports because they have awards they are happy with but we rarely hear about them.

Fingers crossed that you'll have a decision to keep you in the SG, if not then there's the MR/Tribunal route.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    On my son's PIP one, the assessor wouldn't take evidence from us, but told us to post it in...send copies not originals - keep the originals for yourself for future reference.
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Kinzey
    Options
    Thank you for your help guys x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts