Loqbox

Comments

• NO1SCOTSMAN
    NO1SCOTSMAN Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2017 at 2:01PM
    Surpised no one replied to this, original comments were from people with 1000s of posts who clearly felt 'they knew there stuff' but the slating done to this company due to 'facebook advert concerns was it?' has completley went silent with no thanks, comments or nothing apart from the 'ONE person who took the the time to write the longest reply' so whats up ladies and gents, did the truth hurt? and the 600 views since my last comment meant ehh emm 'no comment'? not to worry though. lets all slate an MSE approved company (who have obvioulsly passed there 'due diligence checks' whos website your on at the moment, sorted!!!) and well done.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Surpised no one replied to this, original comments were from people with 1000s of posts who clearly felt 'they knew there stuff' but the slating done to this company due to 'facebook advert concerns was it?' has completley went silent with no thanks, comments or nothing apart from the 'ONE person who took the the time to write the longest reply' so whats up ladies and gents, did the truth hurt? and the 600 views since my last comment meant ehh emm 'no comment'? not to worry though. lets all slate an MSE approved company (who have obvioulsly passed there 'due diligence checks' whos website your on at the moment, sorted!!!) and well done.
    Do you work for this company, or have you just got some sort of axe to grind?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 4:38PM
    Surely when someone has already completely destroyed their ability to get credit the very last thing they should be doing is trying to gain access to more credit!

A lot of us read an awful lot of threads. We see that the people we believe know their stuff have already answered, as they have here, and decide okay lets move on, why keep posting yes we agree with them not the OP?
  • Bakerfrog
    Bakerfrog Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I opened one however as my credit score has improved and continues too in other ways I decided to close and utilise the money somewhere else more useful. My reasons below:

1. Loqbox have not reported or shown on any of the credit agencies since I have taken this out in Jan. (So it's not them that have helped improved my score)
    2. I tried to close the account and take the money back but was told I had to open a new bank account affiliated to them (they get a kickback). I don't want to apply for more credit/have more searches on my file!
    3. The information regarding point 2 is not 100% clear all throughout there website.
    4. if you don't open a new account via them they will charge £30. Again something that is not clear.

I am fortunate I do not need the money just want it to be better utilised in my chip account however anyone else that is in vital need of it will be charged £30 or have to take out an account which they may not need or even be accepted for!
  • Bakerfrog - They told me that savings accounts were included, or ISAs etc.

If you're not using an ISA, consider applying for one and then just withdrawing the money once it's open (saves you £30 from their fees).

Likewise if you can open a monthly saver etc.

I never carried on with the signup as they wouldn't give me a list of offers/'partners' etc and said it changes all the time. I made the point to them very clearly that we don't want loads of searches, that undoes all the good work. They stated that it was only a requirement to make ONE application, if declined it'd be returned without fee. Maybe try and apply for 1 current account or whatever that you'd be happy with (if you got accepted).

If you get it - bonus... if you don't, then threaten them with FOS as point 2 isn't clear, and they appear to be saying different things to different people!

I don't know what's on there - but say Club Lloyds, Halifax Reward etc are worth a punt if you've got to try an account. 1 search won't really damage you much. I've got 26 in the last 12 months :eek:
  • "1 search won't really damage you much. I've got 26 in the last 12 months"

26 hard searches ??? :-0
  • Why resurrect a nigh-on year old post?
  • KeepOnKnitting
    KeepOnKnitting Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 February 2019 at 1:41PM
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it made more sense than starting new. Has anyone actually tried this service? I am slowly rebuilding my credit record, and aiming to do this in ways that cost me nothing, or as close as possible.

I already have credit cards which are paid off in full each month. I am not eligible for any of the regular saver accounts (which I imagine is the case with anyone looking at rebuilding options) so high interest accounts are not an argument that applies. For the 1.5% or so that I could get in my ISA, this looks like it might do me as much benefit as I have hopes to get a mortgage in a couple of years.

I have contemplated actual loans for things that I am buying anyway (like my laptop and car), but not been offered a 0% loan so I have just paid cash instead.

Does anyone have real life experience of using this service?
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • Just carry on with the credit cards and paying them off in full each month - time will work the rest of the magic
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    A complete waste of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business