Used Resolver - success

Evening - about three weeks ago I did a speculative inquiry via Resolver about PPI paid to Lloyds Bank.

I only had a vague recollection of paying PPI on a loan I took out more years than I can remember, but wasn't convinced about it.

Today I've received a letter from Lloyds agreeing to make a payment of over £1K to me in relation to the loan.

Easy peasy! No claims company, no fees paid, just one online form to complete via this site.

Thanks MSE :beer:

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    And, the refund is now in my bank account. Great service Lloyds!

My interest payment is more than than the refund.
  • Katkins1982
    Katkins1982 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Currently going through Lloyds to get mine back too.

Did they send you a form to send back? Or was it just resolver and the letter? No phone call?

I'm not holding out much hope for mine, considering it would have been about 2001/2 when my credit card was taken out. How long ago was your loan?

Thanks and well done!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 June 2018 at 5:51PM
    Currently going through Lloyds to get mine back too.

Did they send you a form to send back? Or was it just resolver and the letter? No phone call?

I'm not holding out much hope for mine, considering it would have been about 2001/2 when my credit card was taken out. How long ago was your loan?

Thanks and well done!

I filled in the form online and submitted it. Lloyds sent me a text a couple of days later saying they would respond within eight weeks. And they did. The offer letter didn't need a reply, money in the account within three days.

I really can't recall how long ago my loan was, probably before your date. All I know is that it was after 1992 and not after 2002. I wasn't even sure that PPI was applied as I was working in local government so didn't need it. As it turns out I did pay it.

Good luck in your application.

I hope you get a good result.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family