Really confused buy it all! Independent help?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You may get declined, but if you do, you're a long way short of being ready for a mortgage.

Try an eligibility checker to see where best to apply.
  • You may get declined, but if you do, you're a long way short of being ready for a mortgage.

Try an eligibility checker to see where best to apply.

Ah right thanks. I seem to have a few options for credit cards, but should I apply even though they are saying I’m eligible on the USwitch website? I don’t want to apply and that be a mistake....

Why am I a long way of a mortgage?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Because credit cards are a lot easier to get than a mortgage.

Why are you suspicious of the USwitch eligibility checker?

If you get declined, it's a single search on your credit files.
  • Because credit cards are a lot easier to get than a mortgage.

Why are you suspicious of the USwitch eligibility checker?

If you get declined, it's a single search on your credit files.

Because I don’t understand it all and don’t want to mess up my rating. I’m just clueless and need someone to explain all my options, including if it’s better to not live with a landlord etc.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Because I don’t understand it all and don’t want to mess up my rating. I’m just clueless and need someone to explain all my options, including if it’s better to not live with a landlord etc.

On 9th January you posted about seeing a mortgage broker, how did that go ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    On 9th January you posted about seeing a mortgage broker, how did that go ?

Made it all sound very easy.
    Told me to come back when I had one pay slip and mortgage with Satander can be sorted.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Made it all sound very easy.
    Told me to come back when I had one pay slip and mortgage with Satander can be sorted.
    are you now working in the UK? Is this a property to live in or to rent out? (as in a previous post)
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    are you now working in the UK? Is this a property to live in or to rent out? (as in a previous post)

Live in.
    Self employed atm and looking for a permanent job.

(Trying to work out how to read previous posts.....)
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Live in.
    Self employed atm and looking for a permanent job.

when are you looking to buy? you would need 2-3 years self employed accounts for a mortgage or do you plan to wait until you are in a permanent job?
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    when are you looking to buy? you would need 2-3 years self employed accounts for a mortgage or do you plan to wait until you are in a permanent job?

Mortgage advisor said I needed one pay slip and a perm job. I have a hefty deposit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure